Subject: OPPULENCE WANTED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to re-do the living room, first.

It's tricky figuring out where the flat screen TV and the couch will eventually be, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are the acoustics? You've got to get the surround sound right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing Castles of Mad King Ludwig, We added a Lilac Cabinet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Now brace yourself Rodney"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
The last time ChitChat got together for a banquet @ Mabby's I thought it turned out pretty well:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
We redid our bathroom recently. In retrospect, we should have tried harder. More light from the outdoors would have been nice, and frankly it's a pain the way we're always splashing water on the drapes during a bath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mann
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
We redid our bathroom recently. In retrospect, we should have tried harder. More light from the outdoors would have been nice, and frankly it's a pain the way we're always splashing water on the drapes during a bath.

I am thinking a nice beach view with a few sky lights would have been nice. Plus, you're gonna break a hip getting into and out of that bath tub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
The last time ChitChat got together for a banquet @ Mabby's I thought it turned out pretty well:

Agreed, but by the time the soup got to me it was chilled
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I work in the decorative moulding "industry", and I get two or three people every year coming in with a picture from a magazine (or a binder full of pictures, in some cases), usually looking like the ones posted here, saying, "I want to do something like this".
Difference is, they don't have 16 foot ceilings and 300 square feet of floor space.
Oh, and the chair in that picture you're showing me is worth about $6,000 on its own. Did you say that your budget is under $500? You're going to have to make a few compromises, I think. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

Rest assured-- that miscreant waiter was sent on his way immediately afterward. He's no longer in my employ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
"I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable." -George Louis Costanza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, you want opulence? I've got opulence coming out of my ears! Welcome to Raytown! We have all the finest amenities for your stay in our lovely abode!

When you arrive, please press the doorbell repeatedly, because sometimes it doesn't work on the first go.

Why, yes, that is the Dukes of Hazzard theme song on our door chimes, thank you for noticing! We recently changed it to that after our turkey call door chime stopped working.

Please, do come in to the living room. Feel free to kick your feet up for a relaxing time in one of our luxury mesh chairs.

(We ask that you refrain from using the fireplace since there is a small family of possums residing in the chimney, also Uncle Bob lost his underpants in there last year and we haven't had a chance to fetch them yet.)

If you're all done relaxing for the day, take a soothing trip around the room on our motorcycle.

Our accommodations include not one, but two jacuzzi hot tubs for our guests! We'll fire either one or both up if you want, just let us know an hour in advance since the speedboat has sort of a gas leak so we'll have to fill er up before hand!

This one doubles as a bonfire! There's nothing more fun than telling ghost stories around a bonfire while inside of a hot tub, I tell you what.

If you don't feel like getting your feet wet, there's a nice tree swing out front where you can hang out.

Don't mind Fluffy, he don't hurt no one. Unless you're the mailman. Hahaha. Seriously though, don't wear a mailman outfit to the house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife has selected our new modest holiday residence mansion. Finally I will be able to invite some GeekBuddies for a game or two, when I have found the time to come over for a weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:
Ah yes, you want opulence? I've got opulence coming out of my ears! Welcome to Raytown! We have all the finest amenities for your stay in our lovely abode!

When you arrive, please press the doorbell repeatedly, because sometimes it doesn't work on the first go.

Why, yes, that is the Dukes of Hazzard theme song on our door chimes, thank you for noticing! We recently changed it to that after our turkey call door chime stopped working.

Not gonna lie, Debbie-- I wasn't sure that you were joking with this first image. The deer-butt door-bell seems like something that you might of actually considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
sunkencheerio wrote:

Not gonna lie, Debbie-- I wasn't sure that you were joking with this first image. The deer-butt door-bell seems like something that you might of actually considered.

It's OK until you have to check for a short in the wiring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmb
Just one "p" in opulence, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

Last time I had to sit WAY DOWN on the end next to Chapel and he smells funny. Next time I want to be near the middle with HiveGod and Kuhrusty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:

True Opulence is having as many "P"s as you want. Just don't forget to flush afterwards.

Edited to add bonus picture of our uber-oppppulent facilities that I forgot to add in the first brochure! Visit Beautiful Missouri!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:

I'm not oposed to that spelling.

(It seemed more "copycat" with two Ps, so I went with it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Sexby
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:

If you're all done relaxing for the day, take a soothing trip around the room on our motorcycle.

Well, shit - I heard that 'Merica was the land of milk and honey, but this...sod Poldark, this Cornishman is off to be free!

Seriously, though - me and the boys from my old student band would have given our drummer's left nut to have had this living room...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were so tired of having to go all the way to the bedroom to rest after a long swim, so we upgraded our swimming pool. Tons more convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:

Do you really need all ten towels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Laudwic wrote:
How are the acoustics? You've got to get the surround sound right.

Somethin' like this. Unfortunately it only plays Dark Side of the Moon @ 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.