BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Skirmish WWII Boardgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Vakondios
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hallo everyone. i recently played Conflict of Heroes and i realy loved it.. it is one of my favorite games so far...

Conflict of heroes is a thematic WWII game based on senarios..

I am also a huge fan of Company of Heros(PC game).
So i was wondering is ther any game combining this two? I was thinking something like a skirmish version of Conflict of heroes like the skirmish on Company of heroes(so i could produce more units, and have buildings for each type of unit and a litle bit of area control to get resources)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Skirmish is generally considered to be one-one representation ... that is, one figure/counter = 1 man/vehicle, etc, at least in my experience. CoH is "tactical" in scale. Is skirmish the scale you're asking about? If so, there are a handful of mostly out-of-print hex and counter wargames that depicted that scale ... Ambush (solitaire system), Soldiers, Sniper!, etc. For in-print stuff, the Sergeants game system from Lost Battalion fits your request, as does a new game from an Italian designer (name slips my mind right now).

However, that sort of scale is better represented these days with some outstanding WW2 miniatures rules such as NUTS! (Two Hour Wargames, soluble as well), Chain of Command (Too Fat Lardies), Disposable Heroes (Iron Ivan), Fireball Forward, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could check out Heroes of Normandie.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
as does a new game from an Italian designer (name slips my mind right now).

However, that sort of scale is better represented these days with some outstanding WW2 miniatures rules such as NUTS! (Two Hour Wargames, soluble as well), Chain of Command (Too Fat Lardies), Disposable Heroes (Iron Ivan), Fireball Forward, etc.

I think you're referring to We Were Brothers. ww2 miniatures I see also mentioned Bolt Action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Weiler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Skirmish is generally considered to be one-one representation ...

I think he's asking for a game similar to the "skirmish mode" of the PC game "Company of Heroes" (produce units, gain resources by taking areas).

I can't really think of a game that covers economical aspects in this fashion and represents combat at the squad / individual vehicles level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Vakondios
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Xenos141 wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
Skirmish is generally considered to be one-one representation ...

I think he's asking for a game similar to the "skirmish mode" of the PC game "Company of Heroes" (produce units, gain resources by taking areas).

I can't really think of a game that covers economical aspects in this fashion and represents combat at the squad / individual vehicles level.

That's exactly what I am looking for... I really enjoyed the combat mechanisms on tv conflict of heroes... But I would also like to have full control of the game... Not based on a scenario...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes of Normandie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.