Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Robbins
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been playing this game a lot over the last few weeks and I'd like to get some of the promos or expansions but I've been pretty confused going through all of the entries on BGG. There are a bunch of promos and/or mini expansions out there, but it seems like a lot of those are only available in German and/or also included in the big box expansions.

So my question is: what is out there and readily available that I can get and not be duplicated by getting a full expansion?

I really like the system but I think that I would like a little bit more variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vineyard, Tavern & Depot are included in the first expansion (Invasion).
Christmas Market is part of the Brettspiel Adventskalender 2015.
Neue Ortskarten No. 1-4, Die Reise nach Tours and Prairie are not included anywhere.
And of course there is the new expansion Trade & Intrigue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that TMG will be releasing Orleans: Invasion some time in November (they anticipate). The dlp version has been out for awhile. I have the TMG version of the base game and am holding out for their version of Invasion. I've heard that TMG uses thicker cardboard, and I'd like all the bits to be uniform...

A new location tile just popped up in the BGG Store too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:
[...]Die Reise nach Tours [..] are not included anywhere.

Not relevant here, probably, but: Reise nach Tours is included in the Dutch basegame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Nguyen
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are any of the promos worth getting? I'm sure they add some variety, just not sure on the price to buy them and shipped to the US.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
Official release date is 11/9 for Orleans Invasion. The Prairie tile promo should be available in the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonkers303 wrote:
Are any of the promos worth getting? I'm sure they add some variety, just not sure on the price to buy them and shipped to the US.

Thanks

No, they're not really all that great. Nice to have, but no one has ever used them over the base buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play a lot 2p-games and are interested in a Co-op variant, I recommend you buy the 1st expansion (there's a special 2p-variant, also a co-op, 3 solo and a normal game variant.)

If you just wanna play the "normal" game (mostly with 3 or more) with more variety and some extras, you should get the 2nd expansion and/or the new location-sets No.1 and No.4 (no. 2 an 3 optional) and maybe the promos Tavern&Depot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Tonkers303 wrote:

Thanks

No, they're not really all that great. Nice to have, but no one has ever used them over the base buildings.

We actually use them quite a lot. I have everything that exists for Orleans as it is my favourite game, and we have found some of the promo buildings can really help with some strategies.

Having said that they are by no means essential and you're not missing out by not having them. If they're expensive to get I wouldn't worry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
If you play a lot 2p-games and are interested in a Co-op variant, I recommend you buy the 1st expansion (there's a special 2p-variant, also a co-op, 3 solo and a normal game variant.)

If you just wanna play the "normal" game (mostly with 3 or more) with more variety and some extras, you should get the 2nd expansion and/or the new location-sets No.1 and No.4 (no. 2 an 3 optional) and maybe the promos Tavern&Depot.

I'd fully agree with this.

I absolutely love the co-op scenario in the Orléans: Invasion expansion. There is a lot of content in this box with some two player scenarios, some solo scenarios and the co-op multiplayer. To be honest I would've just bought it for the co-op its that good! As people have mentioned above the TMG version is being released at some point in the nearish future. While I understand not wanting the multi-language tiles and wanting matching thickness of boards/tiles (if there is a difference), if you're not worried about this the DLP version is available now.

I've recently picked up the second expansion (Trade & Intrigue) and it definitely adds a lot of variety to the base game. I haven't tried the Orders module yet, but the new events are great - a lot of variety compared to the original set, and the new Beneficial Deeds board is very good as well - its no longer just a place to trash workers if you have too many, now you actually want to put workers out there for the bonus.

I would also recommend picking up the upgrade kit (if you don't already have it). While it doesn't add anything to the game play it's definitely a lot nicer pulling wooden meeples from your bag than card chits - much more satisfying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
ayejae wrote:
Tonkers303 wrote:

Thanks

We actually use them quite a lot. I have everything that exists for Orleans as it is my favourite game, and we have found some of the promo buildings can really help with some strategies.

Having said that they are by no means essential and you're not missing out by not having them. If they're expensive to get I wouldn't worry.

It might be a group-think sort of thing. I do see how they open up some new strategies that would be interesting to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.