Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Orr
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine that the scenarios are of varying difficulty, and thus, length.

I also imagine that to some extent, the number of players varies the play time as well.

Any estimates from those that have been able to play on how those two interact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Electrocuted wrote:
I imagine that the scenarios are of varying difficulty, and thus, length.

I also imagine that to some extent, the number of players varies the play time as well.

Any estimates from those that have been able to play on how those two interact?

My experience so far is that in general, more players makes the game take longer. In every turn, 4 more command cards are drafted, so the team's "power" increases at a similar rate regardless of number of players, but in a 4 player game, twice as many players take their turn compared to a 2 player game.

That said, I think different scenarios are easier / harder for different numbers of players, and that makes a difference too.

Difficulty can shorten games as well as lengthen them... if the mission is very difficult, losing quickly can occur, which results in a short game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt barnes
msg tools
We have been playing a two player game and have found that the difficulty seems to vary depending on the mission. We played missions 1-3 so far.

One mission in particular we found extremely difficult (repeating ~5 times until we finally go it). We felt this difficulty was really caused by only having two players which made our ability to evenly cover the entire map difficult. We almost got a bit fed up due to it feeling slightly unfair but eventually we got the right combination of strategy and luck and it felt great to win.

Where as in another mission that seemed easy we felt it might actually be harder with more players. (By only having two players we managed to stay close together on the map which seemed to reduce the randomness and made planning ahead easier.

I won't go into specifics to avoid spoiling but I will say that it seems like given the variety of mission objectives I can definitely see the number of players impacting the game differently across each. Which in my opinion is actually a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.