Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello folks

I will be passing through London Nov 11 to 14. If you only had time for one boardgame store to visit, where would you go? I'd love to check it out while I'm there. I'm a fan of everything, including wargames and tabletop skirmish games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
Leisure Games if you want to travel, Orcs Nest if you like paying RRP and Draughts if you want to play some games at the same time (or better yet, buy at Draughts and come to London on Board to play )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McChrisface
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Orcs nest is well stocked with games for sale, it#s like the Tardis

http://www.orcsnest.com/

Or if you prefer, Draughts is a good Board Game Cafe. A good range of games to play ans nice staff but only a small range of stuff for sale.

http://www.draughtslondon.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you going to get in the UK that you can't in Germany? Precious little i imagine. Orcs nest is nice enough to browse, but the prices are stupid. Outside of that... nowhere is worth a visit really, unless you're nearby to start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree with Chris and not worry about buying games - you can probably get more, better and cheaper in Germany. However, I understand that boardgame cafés haven't really made it to Germany, so I would second the other Chris' suggestion of a visit to Draughts. Or if you have time to travel, Thirsty Meeples in Oxford is worth a visit too.

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Scott
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leisure Games in Finchley is a great place to browse for games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. Draughts sounds like fun, hopefully I can make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually if you are looking for some American games you may find that the UK is cheaper than Germany for some of them with your Brexit discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And as it has been suggested: London on Board is the best place to game on this side of the solar system
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a date at Draughts with a gaming friend of mine... someone I never met 'in the flesh' but we have had many online sessions together and am very excited to finally meet him. See, gaming builds bridges between nations and brings peace to the world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.