Hide
4 Posts

Deep Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Playtesting questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
world eater
msg tools
First wanted to say the game looks amazing! The components are mind-blowing and the theme couldnt be more intriguing. Underwater lovecraft with Aliens pressure and intensity sounds like a win/win/win to me.

As someone who designs games as a hobby but aspires to one day producing a game of their own, I'm always interested in how games get made and become the final product that everyone (hopefully) loves. Can you tell me a little bit about the play testing for this game and how you were able to improve the game over iterations? How long did it take to ensure all of the mechanics work well together? Did you use the same play testers throughout, or work with different groups? How do you turn the feedback into game improvements?

Thanks for any insight you can give. I'm really glad Deep Madness is already funded and cant wait to get it to the table! I'd love to be able to contribute a work of this scale to the community some day too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure you'll be getting any answers from the devs around here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
world eater
msg tools
Thats too bad.

I am genuinely curious about their play testing experience and learning from it, but I'm also hesitant to back a game of this size and complexity without some indication that some play testing has been done!

This is the designer's first game so we dont know anything about their process or the quality of their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like they've been trying to keep up with all the questions that have been asked in the comments on their Kickstarter. Maybe try asking there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.