Pixel Tactics Deluxe» Forums » General

Subject: Everyone should try playing with Commons only at least once. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Both players use all Commons (yes, makes for more than 25 cards in your deck, but it doesn't matter) and both you and your opponent choose a random HD Leader. (Or deal 3 HD Leaders to each and pick one.)

HAVE FUN!

Oh, man. Honestly, it's one of my favorite ways to play the game. (Although I also really, really like PT5.) It's fun because when you play with Commons, which are mostly weaker, you're in for a longer game of greater depth. You likely won't be able to obliterate a few heroes at once, so you'll have to be planning long term.

Everyone should try it out at least once, it's really so much fun.

Once you do, or if you already did try it, let me know what you thought of it!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fadhli Suib
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried it. It's less complicated and can be played with kids.

I have a question though on the adventure ranger +1 attack vanguard ability. Does it includes the rangers with operation orders in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
urakei wrote:
I've tried it. It's less complicated and can be played with kids.

I have a question though on the adventure ranger +1 attack vanguard ability. Does it includes the rangers with operation orders in play?

Ah! I completely disagree that it's less complicated. Sure, more cards have "No abilities" in various zones, but it doesn't make it less complicated. "No abilities" can also be a viable zone option. There are still plenty of effects in play, as well as Operations and Traps.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would say yes. "In play" refers to anything that has an effect on the game, and an Operation is currently in play. Confirmation from Brad would be great, but my take on it is yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fadhli Suib
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe our definition of complicated is different. For me less straight forward abilities + no abilities is already less complicated. The order abilities however still takes a bit of understanding though.

Overall a good starter deck to introduce the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.