Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after much angst, my copy arrived today...of course I went home and opened it up!

Before today, I would have said that Eagle-Gryphon Games has some of the best factory inserts in the business. Upon opening M&M, I have to say that its insert puts the EG inserts to shame. I took each layer out and easily put everything back with no problems. First class.

Now, if I have to pick one nit...the removable trays have clear plastic covers, so nothing is going to come out of them while in the box. However, some of the minions are kept in their slots only because there are other parts of the insert on top. For example, there is a row of minions that is "held in place" because the part of the insert that holds the painted minis sits on top. In transit, these got jostled so they were scattered in my box. There are other examples of minions in the box secured in this fashion. None of mine were damaged in transit, but of one does get damaged, it would be one of those.

I suspect that this will not be an issue for day-to-day play since most people will lay the game flat. However, transit or storing the box on the side could lead to more scattering.

For future reference....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yup, this problem is being addressed in Wave 2 this coming Spring. It's only an ear-flick, for sure, but we're not aiming for mediocrity here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Yup, this problem is being addressed in Wave 2 this coming Spring. It's only an ear-flick, for sure, but we're not aiming for mediocrity here.

Good to hear!

Now about sleeved cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levesque
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised by the praise to Eagle-Gryphon.. I do not own many of their games, but those I do have have very simple or non-existent inserts..

From what I understood of an interview they did with Rolling Dice and Taking Names, MvM worked with the Broken Token Game Trayz to create the insert. Which is awesome I hope more and more game publishers follow this and pay attention to the inserts in the future

Edited to properly credit the Insert collaborator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterdo wrote:
I am surprised by the praise to Eagle-Gryphon.. I do not own many of their games, but those I do have have very simple or non-existent inserts..

From what I understood of an interview they did with Rolling Dice and Taking Names, MvM worked with the Broken Token to create the insert. Which is awesome I hope more and more game publishers follow this and pay attention to the inserts in the future

Certainly not all of EG's inserts are great...but the inserts for Empires: Age of Discovery and for Dawn: Rise of the Occulites are well done...of course. those games cost a lot more than many of EG's other games.

Also, the M&M insert was done by Game Trayz....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

I am curious on how do you plan to address this?

Also, will you make a change log for Wave 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great insert for sure. I still give the nod to Clockwork Wars for the best though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I adore Broken Token, but we worked with Game Trayz to get the trays made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
I adore Broken Token, but we worked with Game Trayz to get the trays made.

Beat you to it...have to make sure that your product provides great advertising for the right company

Great job with the looks of the game...now to get it to the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My bitch about the trays is they spent WAY too much time and money on them,. Look at those things; they were EXPENSIVE to make and that cost was passed on. And if they release one expansion they all go in the trash and I use baggies.

That kind of ticks me off. They're nice, but 100% unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I don't know how else to say this, but most of the costs associated with making the game were, well, not passed on to you. This wasn't really a needle-moving venture for us. But if you don't like the trays, you can absolutely take them out and put them into baggies. At least with the trays, you have the option. They won't be for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
United States
State of Mind
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
My bitch about the trays is they spent WAY too much time and money on them,. Look at those things; they were EXPENSIVE to make and that cost was passed on. And if they release one expansion they all go in the trash and I use baggies.

You can tell based on the final product vs the original price that a lot of the cost was not passed on to the consumer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Does nothing please you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Wow, no offense but what a asinine complaint. One of the most beautifully produced games put into market and this ticks you off. Okaaaay.

I cant imagine opening MvM's box and getting ticked off IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Masterdo wrote:
Edited to properly credit the Insert collaborator

Thanks! And I have already been thinking about what I will update in wave 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
I don't know how else to say this, but most of the costs associated with making the game were, well, not passed on to you. This wasn't really a needle-moving venture for us. But if you don't like the trays, you can absolutely take them out and put them into baggies. At least with the trays, you have the option. They won't be for everyone.

My copy arrived today and I am totally blown away by how well this game was produced. The care and attention to detail shows everywhere! Then on top off all of that, you tried to get it into the hands of as many people as possible as quickly as possible, perhaps even taking a monetary loss to do so. This is a very kind and generous and wonderful thing that you did. I'm grateful I was able to participate. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Olson
United States
Woodbine
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My copy arrived today and I am totally blown away by how well this game was produced. The care and attention to detail shows everywhere! Then on top off all of that, you tried to get it into the hands of as many people as possible as quickly as possible, perhaps even taking a monetary loss to do so. This is a very kind and generous and wonderful thing that you did. I'm grateful I was able to participate. Thank you!

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

I 100% disagree with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

AND ANOTHER THING! Whom was the brainiac who thought it was a good idea to pack so much awesome into one box? Seriously 100 miniatures? WHAT the ehch eee double hockey stick is up with that? They could have included 2 mm cubes to represent minions. Additionally thick glossy boards for the map? These could have been pieces of ruled college paper which costs $1.00 for a hundred sheets tops?

Next we have these way over produced and over sized cards. Not only did they waste money on art assets they could have gone the FFG route and used gremlin sized cards. Who has time to be holding cards this big and looking at the artwork too? We all know that after 100 games the artwork will be passe' why waste the cash?

Top all this pain off with a box that will never fit into a Kailex ever in a million years! So now I am forced to throw out my entire Kailex shelving unit and go buy some Costco industrial sized garage metal shelving!

I AM OUTRAGED!

/bow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
<Applause>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Unlike everyone else, I've got your back on this. I mean look at how big and fancy the game is. All that cost was passed on to us. They should have just emailed me a picture of the game instead of forcing me to buy this unnecessarily well produced game. What a rip off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Maybe they won't release an expansion. Maybe this was a one time thing. Did you ever think of that ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't usually get games with components like this, so I was like a kid on Christmas opening up each tray in the box. It was a fun presentation.

I got rid of the first two big trays and just put the minions in a draw bag so it's easier to set up/tear down. The bottom tray is great for holding cards and tiles and I kept the small Mech tray to keep the paint safe. Other than that I just needed three small zip bags for markers, crystals, and dice. Now I'm looking at the box..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Good to hear!

Now about sleeved cards...

You'll be relived to hear that I sleeved all the cards and it fits perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.