Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
patox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks awesome!

https://www.topshelfgamer.com/products/zen-bins-rebellion-cu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really good. I'm tempted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, but I'm skeptical about sleeved cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If anyone from Zen Bins is listening, I'd definitely buy these if the cards were removed from the design.

Why? Because the card decks are set-up elsewhere on the playing surface during play, which would leave the trays (to be used during gameplay) with a few empty bins that only serves to take-up extra room on the table.

If the trays were designed without the cards, they would be a PERFECT in-play storage solutions! Simply place them on the table and play the game! Without bins for all the cards, they would require minimal room and again, be perfect for holding all the other components during gameplay.

Make a third tray to stay in the box, to store the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

If anyone from Zen Bins is listening, I'd definitely buy these if the cards were removed from the design.

Why? Because the card decks are set-up elsewhere on the playing surface during play, which would leave the trays (to be used during gameplay) with a few empty bins that only serves to take-up extra room on the table.

If the trays were designed without the cards, they would be a PERFECT in-play storage solutions! Simply place them on the table and play the game! Without bins for all the cards, they would require minimal room and again, be perfect for holding all the other components during gameplay.

Make a third tray to stay in the box, to store the cards.

If this is a storage solution as well, then I am leaning the opposite way. The hardest thing to store safely and conveniently are the card decks.

I have been using an IPHONE box for each deck of mission cards, but then the box is to long, and what do you do with the 5 decks of small cards...

If this solved thisn great!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card slots are removed from the plastic bins, how will the cards be stored with everything inside the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

patox wrote:
If the card slots are removed from the plastic bins, how will the cards be stored with everything inside the box?

In a separate tray that stays inside the box. The cards would thusly be protected for storage. And given that they're placed in separate decks around the play area for gameplay, there's no need for them to be cradled outside of the box.

So to design a storage solution that provides room for cradling the cards outside the box on the table only takes-up and wastes space, as such bins won't be used during play... if that makes sense.

Essentially, what you want to be cradled on the tabletop during the game are all the components except for the cards (again, they'll be scattered about in their own decks). So design the card storage to be separate, is all I'm saying.

I currently keep my decks in 3"x4" or 3"x5" poly ziplock bags, and they work great for the purpose.

As an afterthought, I'll add that the same logic can be applied to storing the dice as well. During gameplay, no one's going to keep them in the bin as pictured. Thusly you end-up with an empty bin that only serves to add to the table space requirements for no reason. So the dice as well, should be stored separately... perhaps in the same tray as the cards?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All that space in the trays for the forces you're going to need at setup is wasted as well. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

demoss1 wrote:
All that space in the trays for the forces you're going to need at setup is wasted as well. whistle

True, but only for the time being. When they get destroyed during the game you have a slot to return them to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

demoss1 wrote:

True, but only for the time being. When they get destroyed during the game you have a slot to return them to.

Same for the discards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.