Popular Tags: [View All]
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noob question (sorry my english):

If I can't destroy a battalion in my first mission, what happen with the enemy tokens? I can remove to attack another battalion? I keep this tokens in hexes and add new enemy tokens to attack a new battalion?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After every mission, the board is cleared and setup again with whatever battalion you choose to attack.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To add to the above, at the start of each mission (as opposed to day), you start with the "Mission Resolution" steps, beginning on page 8. Note that the 4th step is to place [new] Terrain Hexes. So by definition, for each new mission, you have to clear the old units off the board in order to lay down the new hex tile arrangement!

And the above falls into place when you consider that if you didn't destroy a battalion but only reduced it instead, then you have to conduct a new mission to finish it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget if you're attacking a half battalion you only need to place half the number of units for each unit type called for by the battalion card. A simple thing but in the heat of keeping track of things one may forget and your enemy will thank you for the oversight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

To add to the above, at the start of each mission (as opposed to day), you start with the "Mission Resolution" steps, beginning on page 8. Note that the 4th step is to place [new] Terrain Hexes. So by definition, for each new mission, you have to clear the old units off the board in order to lay down the new hex tile arrangement!

And the above falls into place when you consider that if you didn't destroy a battalion but only reduced it instead, then you have to conduct a new mission to finish it off.

Wow... man... Lay down the new hex tile arrangement after each mission? Yes, you is right. I had not noticed.
But if you will attack the same "half battalion", you need not lay down new tiles because the terrain is the same.
Ok, the rules state that you need change the tiles to create a new scenery...

Thanks Generals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you need to adjust the tiles at random. Think of it this way---you had to pull your aircraft out to rearm. Meanwhile, the enemy forces (half battalions included, even if you just attacked them) adjusted their positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other thing to note about half battalions is they aren't necessarily the same half you left behind. The enemy will readjust and redeploy a reasonably mixed force even if you destroy all their AAA, for example. (This feels less thematic for the buildings).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rchandra wrote:
The other thing to note about half battalions is they aren't necessarily the same half you left behind. The enemy will readjust and redeploy a reasonably mixed force even if you destroy all their AAA, for example. (This feels less thematic for the buildings).

This game is hardcore and you are finding a way of make more hard! [rsrsrs]. This game is amazing, I'm making a video showing a gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.