Subject: How many Bionts i can assign, or... i have assigned... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

The way i understand the rules : I look the "greenest" organism in my tableau pool, i can assign as many Bionts as green chomosomes + 1.

Example : in the beginning, no Organism, so only one Biont until i have green chromosome. Not in each turn but all my Bionts on cards.

I understand well ? The entropy limit is for all my Bionts outside my tableau pool and not the number i can assign each turn ?

So if i assign my first Biont to a landform, next turn, if the landform is inactive... I can't play anymore until the landform become active again ? I just look my friends playing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can't play another biont until the roll flips the card to its organism side... if that organism has no green chromosome then one biont becomes available.. if it has one green chromosome then both bionts become available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
I read a little more, in this case can i:

Put a new Biont on parasite (if i can use one), because Biont on Parasite doesn't follow the entropy rule ?

What you say seems to aggree with that, entropy rule is only for Refugia. So i can have no green chromosome but one Biont on an organism, one on a Refugia and the last on a parasite.

That's right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philippe, you have it right in your original post. Once a biont is assigned, you can reassign it, but you are still limited by the entropy rule.

For example, at the beginning of the game, you assign one biont to a refugia, you roll doubles, and you flip it over to it's life side.

If you organized one green manna, or your biont was green, now you have a green chromosome, so now you can assign two bionts. In the example above, one of your boints is still assigned to the new life form, so you can assign one more biont.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
Hello,

So if i assign my first Biont to a landform, next turn, if the landform is inactive... I can't play anymore until the landform become active again ? I just look my friends playing...

Hello Philippe,
I agree with Charley and Will. But I wanted to add, that if your biont inhabits a refugium that is "inactive", you must still make your autocatalytic roll there. Inactive means that others cannot move there, unless they already have bionts or organisms there. "Inactive" does not mean that you are unable to create catalysts or life there.

Thematically "inactive" means that the "vehicles" that move organic materials between the landforms are shutdown. Not that biochemistry is shutdown in those locations. Perhaps I should have chosen a better word.

For instance, if outer space is "inactive", it means there are no convenient meteors to shuttle you from space to Earth's surface. (As a strategy tip note that such meteors are rare in the game, so it is helpful to remain on Mars or the IDP if the others have evacuated, so that you enjoy a monopoly on spacearrrh). If the oceans are inactive, there are no convenient hypercanes or tidal waves to deposit your marine chemicals to the shores, atmosphere, or continents. etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:

If you organized one green manna, or your biont was green, now you have a green chromosome, so now you can assign two bionts. In the example above, one of your boints is still assigned to the new life form, so you can assign one more biont.

Are you sure? From what I understand entropy is a limit for bionts assigned to refugia. And only refugia. You can have as many as you want in organisms or parasites. So flipped refugia is a bacteria. If it has green chromosome you can assign 2 other bionts to refugia. Biont in this bacteria does not count against entropy limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Phil, thanks to come here,

I read again, and i agree with Pawel, in the rules it's clear : Entropy rule is only for Refugia, so i wonder... You said the opposite.

Another thing not clear in the rules, it's what you add : Inactive landform it's only for new Bionts, but we roll (AC) and can make life, new bacterium, in an inactive landform so we are not inactive

And to be clear : entropy rule is for all the cards ? I can't have more than Greenest+1 Bionts outside my tableau pool ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
Ooops... Will and not Phil say entropy rule is for all our Bionts no matter where they are... But...

Phil agree and...

The rules don't !

Page 19 - The example : a player have no green cube so he can use only 1 Biont (used on a refugia), BUT he uses another one on a parsite card (virus) ! Because the example explain the entropy rule is only for refugia !

So ? Where is the truth ? Phil ? Always agree with Will ?

Thanks.

I have a lot of question because i have a french youtube channel about boardgames and i'm going to do a video for Bios Genesis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
Ooops... Will and not Phil say entropy rule is for all our Bionts no matter where they are... But...

Phil agree and...

The rules don't !

Page 19 - The example : a player have no green cube so he can use only 1 Biont (used on a refugia), BUT he uses another one on a parsite card (virus) ! Because the example explain the entropy rule is only for refugia !

Hello Philippe. Yes, the entropy rule is for all the Refugia cards. And only for bionts in Refugia, as Pawel says.

And yes, it is the vehicles between the Refugia that are geologically inactive, the Refugia itself remains biochemically active.

chaps31 wrote:

I have a lot of question because i have a french youtube channel about boardgames and i'm going to do a video for Bios Genesis.

This sounds really important, and I will support this the best I can, and answer any questions. Jerome Quelin is doing the French rules translation, and the links to his translated French cards are found in the first page of the Living Rules. [url] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8_ya9OkaaFF1MteOpTF349y... [/url]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks again !

Yes Phil i began to read french rules and... go back to english rules... whistle
Jerome did a huge work so i don't want to say anything against it, but... translation is not so great... I'm sure a lot of people are going to help him but french rules are not ready yet. Again congratulations for the huge work, i don't want to critize it, the work is not done yet that's all.

I had problems with english terms in the begining but now that's ok, some things looked strange when i want to make the link between Bionts and science for example, but now, that's ok.

I didn't play your game yet but, right now i can say : Congratulation Phil, so happy to bought it ! I'm waiting other games, and we have the same points of interest : Atronomy and evolution. But i stop spamming this thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Quelin
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
Yes Phil i began to read french rules and... go back to english rules... whistle
Jerome did a huge work so i don't want to say anything against it, but... translation is not so great... I'm sure a lot of people are going to help him but french rules are not ready yet. Again congratulations for the huge work, i don't want to critize it, the work is not done yet that's all.

When have you checked the rules for the last time?
I have revamped them and added all the schema and art from the english rulebook. I'm currently re-reading them once again to make sure the french is fluent. And I must say that it's almost done (apart the foot notes).

If you have some comments or remarks on the translation, I'd be more than happy to get your feedback. My email is listed at the top of the file.

Thanks,
Jérôme

PS: I need to proofread the card translation, but that's not the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
i email you.

Arghh... I can't find the file link on trictrac... For your email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.