Subject: When will there be more copies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Pope
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
So, been wanting this game and I keep tabs on Amazon pricing and coolstuffinc, and coolstuff has no copies and the price on amazon is up to $95. It's hard to convince my wife to get a board game at that price. Is there anywhere I can get this for a reasonable price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not right now as it seems. There is a reprint planned, but it seems that it won't be ready shipped until January 2017. The designers is working on a slightly updated rulebook, and they need a slot at the printing and assembly factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pope
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay, cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sawler
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine off thinkgeek last week for MSRP. Not as cheap as I'd like it, but you could check there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
webslinger9 wrote:
I got mine off thinkgeek last week for MSRP. Not as cheap as I'd like it, but you could check there.
You might try calling around to stores. I know I saw it in my local shop not too long ago. You'd need to pay shipping but maybe still the price would be lower than the $95 Amazon is charging now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
MSRP is $70, so most game stores with it in stock sending it Priority will charge ~$85. Definitely try local stores if you are willing to pay MSRP.

Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited "Your Local Game Store" in Charlotte, NC a couple of weeks ago thanks to a little hurricane evacuation and they had several copies on the shelf (with the promo cards.) Don't know if they sell online or even still have any left. I was surprised to see it there when I visited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grimley
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
webslinger9 wrote:

I was able to order one off Thinkgeek earlier today also. Cost was $69.99, with shipping free if you get up to $75. Still waiting to hear that it actually shipped, hoping I don't suddenly get some out of stock or backorder notice. Fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grimley
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdscorch wrote:
webslinger9 wrote:

I was able to order one off Thinkgeek earlier today also. Cost was $69.99, with shipping free if you get up to $75. Still waiting to hear that it actually shipped, hoping I don't suddenly get some out of stock or backorder notice. Fingers crossed.

I got a tracking number, so it appears, you can still get them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid mine 75€ shortly before Essen because I couldn't restrain myself. Then preorder mail came through and they only asked for 50€ so needless to say I feel ripped of at the shameful 75€. blushshake

for what it's worth, I found TFM to be a good game, but not much more than average and component-wise certainly not worth 75€.

My advice would be to wait for the reprint, I assume in US$ you could probably get it for 50$ if you're patient. (I wasn't cry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
My advice would be to wait for the reprint, I assume in US$ you could probably get it for 50$ if you're patient. (I wasn't cry)

I guess it depends on how much your time is worth, but I have absolutely no regrets about paying list ($70) for the game. If I wait - how long, a couple months - I miss out on at least a few plays. I've played half a dozen times so far, and others have borrowed my copy.

If my time is "worth" just $5/hr, I've had enough game time to cover the full purchase cost by my self. Since games have involved other players, I cheerfully let them free ride, but it gives them value, too ... and sometimes we play games they buy so it's fine to count at least $25/hr as a fair value for a 5 player game that we are enjoying.

If you're not getting YOUR time's worth out of a game, you shouldn't be playing it. Maybe grab a different game, and if none are satisfactory, take on more part time work?

I'm not trying to be "on my high horse" here, just explaining my thinking on paying for games. For the most part, a decent game is an excellent entertainment value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.