13 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Chris Cantrell - 2nd Copy Shipped :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put in my ticket to cancel the accidental 2nd shipment 10 days ago (10/14).

5 days later I hadn't gotten any response and I reached out again and then I got this the same day(10/19):

Hello there,

It looks like order ###### hasn't shipped yet so I'll reach out to our warehouse to see if they can cancel that order before it ships. I'll update you here once they get back to me.

"Transcend imperfection." - ####

########
Riot Merchandise Support Analyst
http://support.leagueoflegends.com

On the 21st I got this:

Hey there,

Just wanted to give you an update that I'm out sick today (currently logging in from home) but I'll continue working on your issue come Monday. Sorry about that >_<

"Transcend imperfection." - #####

########
Riot Merchandise Support Analyst
http://support.leagueoflegends.com

So imagine my surprise when today I got the shipping notification for my second order!

Not a complaint, but I hopped on this issue ten days ago and CS was able to reach out to the warehouse 5 days ago to tell them to cancel my 2nd order, and the warehouse still shipped the second order. :/

Not a big deal, but just thought I would let you know the situation. I might be able to find someone local to buy it to save the hassle of returning it and waiting on the refund! Maybe I'll come out ok!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Appreciate the heads up - I'll look into this and I'm confident we'll get it sorted. Sorry for the hassle on your end, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got shipping notifications for both of my duplicate orders, but it seems that one of them didn't actually get sent to UPS. The UPS tracking site says they didn't receive it, and hopefully that means it got pulled from the shipment, even if it wasn't removed from the data. We can hope the same happened for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
You could just leave a note on your door on the day it is to be delivered. Write the tracking number on it, say you refuse delivery and sign it with the date. I order a lot of things online, and twice I have had to do this.
Both times it worked.
They just return it to the sender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the exact same boat here, with the exact same support messages

I just received my copy in the mail today (Australia), a 2nd duplicate shipment which was sent at the same time is also on its way but UPS tracking has flagged it -

Your shipment was electronically flagged by DAFF Biosec. We are now
submitting the appropriate documents.

I'd like to think this delay is Riot holding the 2nd copy so it can be returned without any effort on my part, but it's probably just a random customs check on the box and it'll get sent to me eventually. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RagnarokZero wrote:
I'm in the exact same boat here, with the exact same support messages

I just received my copy in the mail today (Australia), a 2nd duplicate shipment which was sent at the same time is also on its way but UPS tracking has flagged it -

Your shipment was electronically flagged by DAFF Biosec. We are now
submitting the appropriate documents.

I'd like to think this delay is Riot holding the 2nd copy so it can be returned without any effort on my part, but it's probably just a random customs check on the box and it'll get sent to me eventually. :/

I hope it works out for you... it sucks being out the money until it gets here, I send it back, they get it, process the refund, etc etc etc

It's not cheap! :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Appreciate the heads up - I'll look into this and I'm confident we'll get it sorted. Sorry for the hassle on your end, though.

Support just contacted me and told me it shipped. lol

I asked for the shipping label ASAP, so maybe I'll see it soonish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I hope it works out for you... it sucks being out the money until it gets here, I send it back, they get it, process the refund, etc etc etc

It's not cheap! :S

Thanks mate, you too! I suspect there's a few more of us out there.
At least in my case, the double shipment happened because -

1) I tried buying at zero hour when the shop was being slammed by the internet.
2) Started as a PayPal purchase, got to the authorisation point, then just as it went back to the store it said "something went wrong" and the order seemingly got cancelled. Checked the my orders list and my email, and it was all empty.
3) Few minutes later I repeated the process again with a credit card and it worked! Got the email, got the order showing up on my order list.

2 hours later... got the email and order confirmation for the 1st order.

I really should have cancelled that 1st PayPal authorisation in retrospect after the order seemingly failed. Reached out to support straight away, and the rest is as above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gamble
United States
Beaverton
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in the same boat also here. Got a response message from my ticket that I had placed on 10/14 from Corduroy Ninja on 10/19 saying pretty much same thing as to Jeremy. No further follow-up reply to the ticket and my 2nd copy is due to be delivered today
Already updated my ticket with a request to be able to return this now.

You'd think with the high cost of shipping something this size, making sure orders in error weren't sent out would have been a priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
I got shipping notifications for both of my duplicate orders, but it seems that one of them didn't actually get sent to UPS. The UPS tracking site says they didn't receive it, and hopefully that means it got pulled from the shipment, even if it wasn't removed from the data. We can hope the same happened for you!

And now my 2nd copy shipped today. I imagine they're still slammed, but how hard is it to make sure a package doesn't get shipped, given a week+ notice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
runtsta wrote:

And now my 2nd copy shipped today. I imagine they're still slammed, but how hard is it to make sure a package doesn't get shipped, given a week+ notice?

We did our best! Sorry to hear that, haha maybe there will be a thread on returns. I wouldn't mind selling it but I need the money back on the CC ASAP and not in my paypal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Just a quick reply to this thread.

Anyone who receives a second copy of the game due to an accidental purchase will be repaid in full. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to our team here locally doing Player Support work, the warehouse that ships the game, and the shipping of the game to your homes. We're making every effort to catch these before they make their way to you, but if a second, unwanted copy still makes it to your door, then we will be providing a pre-paid label for you to send it back to us. You won't be out that shipping charge.

As far as getting a full refund or getting that label, we'll need you to request it via a ticket at: support.riotgames.com

That may take more time than either of us prefer, but we will get it sorted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I submitted a ticket the same day I ordered the game(s). Zephyreal has been helpful, but doesn't seem to have access to updated information sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.