Order of the Gilded Compass» Forums » General

Subject: Looks like waiting for second print is a good idea? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke, but sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is high on my wishlist, but after keeping an eye on the forums, it looks like there are several small misprints and issues with the print run.

Any insights on whether these are due to be fixed in a second print run? Do we know if one is coming?

And yes, I know that the issues are relatively minor, and that if I buy it now I can play it now, etc. I'm in no particular hurry, and if the game is likely to get a second printing, it seems wise to wait.

Thanks for the input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a misprinted tile with the Copies that were at gen con but that's been fixed with the copies out now.

Any other issues you are referring to? I have a copy and hasn't noticed anything noteworthy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke, but sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
There was a misprinted tile with the Copies that were at gen con but that's been fixed with the copies out now.

Any other issues you are referring to? I have a copy and hasn't noticed anything noteworthy

Ah. So copies in stores have the fixed tile?

I saw another thread talking about a missprint regarding and vs or on a tile. Seems minor.

Also, there seems to be a LOT of FAQ content, meaning the rules are pretty unclear. Worse than average.

The main thing I was concerned about was the misprinted tile though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came with the corrected copy of the tile lose in the box.

I haven't gone thru the forums here yet so I can't really comment on that.
I didn't see any issues with the rules though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
There were also some reasonable issues raised in the production quality thread, particularly about the insert and bags, that just seems rather botched.

Would be nice to know if any possibility for future improvement in these various areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamiea wrote:
There were also some reasonable issues raised in the production quality thread, particularly about the insert and bags, that just seems rather botched.

Would be nice to know if any possibility for future improvement in these various areas.

For what it is worth, I got everything stored back in the box with the insert. Granted, it's not a great insert for the given components, but isn't a huge deal

I don't recall any issues with the ziplock bags that were included but if there was, I probably just used some that I had on hand and didn't think twice about it.

IMO, the insert and ziplock bags may not be the best but are absolutely no reason to wait for a second edition/printing

Just my 2cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy comes from Essen Spile and i didn't noticed any faults with it.
It is true the insert is kinda bad but that's no reason to not buy a game.
The bags you get are fine.

i have to admit we only played it once so far but we didn't had any questions about the rules.

Questions will alway's be there no matter if it's a good ruolebook or a bad one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.