$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 108.71

6,739 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
97 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

1846» Forums » General

Subject: The inevitable 'Got mine!' thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised that mine arrived already! (Texas, FYI).
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stoffey
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
To the Mountain!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the problem with living on the other side of the country from GMT. It feels like the wait is eternal! Enjoy your copy! Us on the east coast will keep hoping and praying tomorrow is the day!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoffey wrote:
That's the problem with living on the other side of the country from GMT. It feels like the wait is eternal! Enjoy your copy! Us on the east coast will keep hoping and praying tomorrow is the day!


Imagine the agony for those in other countries
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which carrier is delivering the copies that have shown up? I need to judge how much I should value being home to receive it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiyum wrote:
Which carrier is delivering the copies that have shown up? I need to judge how much I should value being home to receive it.


It will be listed as the one you chose under your P500 order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stoffey
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
To the Mountain!
mbmbmbmbmb
lbleicher wrote:
Stoffey wrote:
That's the problem with living on the other side of the country from GMT. It feels like the wait is eternal! Enjoy your copy! Us on the east coast will keep hoping and praying tomorrow is the day!


Imagine the agony for those in other countries :D


Ha! You've got me there. I can't imagine the agony!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jian W
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lbleicher wrote:
Stoffey wrote:
That's the problem with living on the other side of the country from GMT. It feels like the wait is eternal! Enjoy your copy! Us on the east coast will keep hoping and praying tomorrow is the day!


Imagine the agony for those in other countries


Imagine the pain for those on the other side of Earth devil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in Australia got theirs? zombie
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
I was surprised that mine arrived already! (Texas, FYI).


pics / unboxing video, please!!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wery67564 wrote:
Wiyum wrote:
Which carrier is delivering the copies that have shown up? I need to judge how much I should value being home to receive it.


It will be listed as the one you chose under your P500 order.


Well, I feel foolish! Thanks.

Coming Friday afternoon. Now, at least, I needn't wait in vain.

UPS MyChoice is a useful service.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
Hustle Like Russell - 12th Man for Life!
badge
My height doesn't define my skill set. To be a great gamer, you have to have great leadership, great attention to detail and a relentless competitive nature - and I try to bring that on a daily basis.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. It's good to see that the west coast gets some love on occasion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
The doorbell rang this morning and I (optimistically, on the wrong side of the Atlantic) rolled out of bed and rushed to the door struggling into a dressing gown to find... Jehovah's Witnesses.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is saying it hasn't been shipped yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
Mine is saying it hasn't been shipped yet.


Where can you see that? I can see that I was billed and it would ship UPS, but I only got an order number, not a tracking number.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I go to my account at GMT and look at my order it says, 'not yet shipped'.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
When I go to my account at GMT and look at my order it says, 'not yet shipped'.


Totally forgot I even had an account with them, despite the fact that I used it with my TS kickstarter coupon to pick up a game.

Not yet shipped for me, either - guess I won't get it to the table this weekend :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that shipping status actually updates. My P500 for Twilight Struggle still says "not yet shipped" and I received it ages ago.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
I don't think that shipping status actually updates. My P500 for Twilight Struggle still says "not yet shipped" and I received it ages ago.


This. The only reason people know it is coming is usually from their myusps account notifiying them of an incoming package. I personally have never had an order say it shipped, even months after receiving it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
When I go to my account at GMT and look at my order it says, 'not yet shipped'.


Mine says the same, for what it is worth.

But UPS MyChoice (a free service of UPS) lets me track any UPS package sent specifically to me and at my address. So I can see that it actually left Cerritos, CA this morning and has no expected activity till Thursday, presumably in the greater NYC region.

I can also change the delivery address (for a fee IIRC), reschedule delivery, or have it sent to a UPS store for pickup. It was very useful when I got married and gifts were coming absent us knowing to expect them.

Regardless, don't trust the shipping status at GMT.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephe Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damerell wrote:
The doorbell rang this morning and I (optimistically, on the wrong side of the Atlantic) rolled out of bed and rushed to the door struggling into a dressing gown to find... Jehovah's Witnesses.
The doorbell rang just now. I rushed downstairs expecting to find Jehovah's Witnesses (since I live on the right-hand side of the Atlantic and struggle to find optimism at this hour of the morning) and it was the postman bearing 1846. Postmarked a week ago (i.e. a couple of days before the start of the nominal shipping date).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maisnestce wrote:
damerell wrote:
The doorbell rang this morning and I (optimistically, on the wrong side of the Atlantic) rolled out of bed and rushed to the door struggling into a dressing gown to find... Jehovah's Witnesses.
The doorbell rang just now. I rushed downstairs expecting to find Jehovah's Witnesses (since I live on the right-hand side of the Atlantic and struggle to find optimism at this hour of the morning) and it was the postman bearing 1846. Postmarked a week ago (i.e. a couple of days before the start of the nominal shipping date).


Right hand side of the Atlantic? Europe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes; but these two copies were advance complimentary copies; the actual copies will take longer to arrive in the UK.

These were sent to Steve (for his help with the rules and original 1846 playtesting) and Chris Lawson (for his help with the original map and graphics). I also sent advance copies to Eric Brosius (for his help getting GMT to do this project and proofreading) and John Tamplin (for providing the Deep Thought files to GMT).
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brinker
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
UPS says mine is estimated to arrive Friday here in Baltimore. Actually going out of town Friday morning for the weekend... Nobody steal my copy off the porch! Hopefully it comes Thursday——sometimes it's early. Dare I reroute it to where I will be in northern New Jersey or is that just asking for package delivery trouble?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binkman wrote:
UPS says mine is estimated to arrive Friday here in Baltimore. Actually going out of town Friday morning for the weekend... Nobody steal my copy off the porch! Hopefully it comes Thursday——sometimes it's early. Dare I reroute it to where I will be in northern New Jersey or is that just asking for package delivery trouble?
v

Have them reroute to your local PO and pick it up at your leisure. I usually do that when going out of town.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, UPS doesn't even seem to have my shipment in the system yet. But I had such an EARLY order number!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.