Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I'm overthinking this I know, but I need some clarification on which provinces are north and which are south: 1) Armenia- it's east of Thrace (southern) but also north of the Med. Sea (northern). So what takes precedence? And what about countries that are north of PART of thye Mediterranean Sea but not ALL of it? (all 3 provinces that make up the Iberian peninsula, ITALY, MACEDONIA, GREECE...). Thank you for the help so far and for any you can give now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
OK I'm overthinking this I know, but I need some clarification on which provinces are north and which are south

I'll agree you're overthinking it.

rogeracox wrote:
1) Armenia- it's east of Thrace (southern) but also north of the Med. Sea (northern). So what takes precedence?

Although it's farther north, Armenia is not really north of the Mediterranean, which extends only as far east as the coasts of Syria and Judea. It's part of the south, which includes all of Asia Minor and North Africa all the way to Gibraltar. Plus Crete and Cyprus as specifically noted.

rogeracox wrote:
And what about countries that are north of PART of thye Mediterranean Sea but not ALL of it? (all 3 provinces that make up the Iberian peninsula, ITALY, MACEDONIA, GREECE...).

Let me pose a counter question. If I were to ask you which countries form the northern coastline of the Mediterranean from Gibraltar to the Bosporus, which ones would you name?

(If you're still baffled, take into account that the rules specify that Sicily is considered a northern province.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
OK I'm overthinking this I know, but I need some clarification on which provinces are north and which are south: 1) Armenia- it's east of Thrace (southern) but also north of the Med. Sea (northern). So what takes precedence? And what about countries that are north of PART of thye Mediterranean Sea but not ALL of it? (all 3 provinces that make up the Iberian peninsula, ITALY, MACEDONIA, GREECE...). Thank you for the help so far and for any you can give now.

No game handy (it's 120 miles away ... or I am), but in the 6 to 8 times I've played this game I can't remember ever having this question come up. I hope that helps in some way. And I guess that would be to confirm that you are indeed overthinking it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
Just follow what the rules say. East of Thrace is South. West of Asia Minor is North. The three islands are specified as to which is North and which are South. Don't overthink it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.