Subject: Spoilers - Haunt #91 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Pearson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We played haunt #91 recently and found the wording very confusing.

My interpretation of the survivor rules allow no way for the heroes to win.
The heroes win when "Every room in the house is burned". I take this as every room must be flipped over. ("That room is burned is cleansing fire")
"Non Landing" rooms are destroyed from a face up fire token at the beginning of the heroes turn. I find no way for "Landing Room"s to be destroyed. How can this be?

Even when not thinking about landing rooms. I feel like the traitors could win by just stopping one room from being burned. Then slowly kill the heroes as they near the room to burn it. It doesn't seem like a fair fight.

I looked at the traitor handbook after the haunt. Can a traitor attempt to suppress Fires in multiple rooms? or just one room per turn? It's written that they can do it multiple times so I just want to make sure I understand the rule correctly.

Thank your for any clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
This haunt is pretty terrible. We played a 4 player game where we all basically sat on the last room in the house for 45 minutes before the heroes finally botched a sanity defense and the traitors managed to kill us.

Things that weren't clear.

Can the traitors do their sanity attack and a normal attack to steal the heroes defensive items? The rules say traitors can attack and perform haunt specific actions in the same turn.

What do you do with landings? We didn't flip them but we let them catch fire and continue to spread fire to adjacent rooms.

Do traitors get to attempt to flip every fire token in each room they enter? It seems like in games with an odd number of players there would be more traitors. In a 4 player game there's a 8/9 chance of the two traitors flipping each fire and really no way for the heroes to get out of line of sight of the sanity attack and back into the room each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.