4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Herb and mineral gathering and the forest gate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
Both herb gathering and mineral gathering have different effects if you play them after overwhelming darkness.

How do they interact with the forest gate?

I can see two arguments

1) you did not pass overwhelming darkness so no bonuses

2) if you pass the forest gate then you have passed the overwhelming darkness space, you were just told to use a different story event, so you do get the bonuses.

Which is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RAW, it is number one, I think without room to argue.

However, maybe the intended use is what you said, but in that case we have to wait the FAQ.

Man, I REALLY REALLY would like to see a printable FAQ/Errata/Updated glossary for both Core Game AND expansions for this 1.4 kickstarter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
Both herb gathering and mineral gathering have different effects if you play them after overwhelming darkness.

How do they interact with the forest gate?

I can see two arguments

1) you did not pass overwhelming darkness so no bonuses

2) if you pass the forest gate then you have passed the overwhelming darkness space, you were just told to use a different story event, so you do get the bonuses.

Which is right?

The Flower Knight's general rules say "The [Overwhelming Darkness] space retains all of its normal rules and cannot be skipped or ignored."

So, yeah, I think the answer is number 2: you treat that space like Overwhelming Darkness insofar as other rules are concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.