Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rumor was that the Cardassians were originally supposed to be out for GernCon, but didn't make it. The Ferengi were supposed to be held until later, as they are more game changers, and GF9 wanted us to learn the basics first. However, the container ship impound seems to have imposed further delay!

Having already previewed the Cardassians on their site, GF9 has now done the Ferengi as well, but we still have no release dates for either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliran Teller
Israel
Kfar Saba
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What ship impound ?
I think I was outside the loop for a while now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo A Chinese shipping company didn't pay its port dues, and a whole giant container ship is just sitting unloaded, which has delayed many game releases! This is noted on the main game forum board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard on the Spiel that they hope to release the expansions shortly before Christmas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Davis
United States
KANSAS CITY
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are releasing shortly before Christmas, then it should find its way into the market sometime around Gen Con 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Good question, there is a flyer with the game that says Cardassian expansion is Available Now (for preorder?) and the Ferengi expansion in Fall 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Davis
United States
KANSAS CITY
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I tweeted them with a picture of that flyer and asked them where it is available. Surprise! They did not answer. The horrible distribution and availability of this game is making my desire wane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kierkegaard555 wrote:
Yeah, I tweeted them with a picture of that flyer and asked them where it is available. Surprise! They did not answer. The horrible distribution and availability of this game is making my desire wane.
It is a good game, a delay should be whetting your appetite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Davis
United States
KANSAS CITY
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delays are inevitable. It is the horrible communication from GF9 that is frustrating. As a publisher, they need to get their heads out of their butts and engage with the community. It is generally beneficial to keep your customers informed, especially when there are SUBSTANTIAL delays and distribution problems. Even if they would say, "We do not have any information," there would be something. It conveys a lack of awareness that makes me less excited to support them as a company.

Instead, they seem content to just ignore customer questions on BGG and Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kierkegaard555 wrote:
Delays are inevitable. It is the horrible communication from GF9 that is frustrating. ...
Considering that I pre-ordered the Cardassian Union expansion from them, and I have NO idea when it is coming, I see your point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
The GF9 store page just updated to "Early 2017".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
The GF9 store page just updated to "Early 2017".
Aiiiiieeeeee!!! wow

Thanks, Marinealver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.