Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there.
I haven't found answers anywhere. They should be silly questions, but there are:

- After removing the last secret marker of a exploration card, this is explored. Ok. Then, what happens with the party marker? Is removed aside, so we should pay another time to travel to next card, or is set on the new card, as if venturing forth?

- I guess a battle against an encounter ends with somebody dying, isn't so? I mean, after a combat round, if nobody is defeated, it starts another round? Is the party able to quit and refuse to the reward?

- About the enrage thing. Should we add an enrage token each time we read "enrage +1" anywhere? For example, when activating a minion, if in the boss part of the card we can read enrage, it applies? Or is only applied when we're activating that text only.

So far, this is what it is.
Thak you in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
Hello there.
I haven't found answers anywhere. They should be silly questions, but there are:

- After removing the last secret marker of a exploration card, this is explored. Ok. Then, what happens with the party marker? Is removed aside, so we should pay another time to travel to next card, or is set on the new card, as if venturing forth?

You can still visit the other locations at the current area card. If you want to leave the area, you have to spend time and move away.

Robert Blake wrote:
- I guess a battle against an encounter ends with somebody dying, isn't so? I mean, after a combat round, if nobody is defeated, it starts another round? Is the party able to quit and refuse to the reward?

Battles are what makes this game exciting. They keep going until either all heroes (you lost) or all enemies/objectives are killed (you won). I'm not sure why you would want to quit in a battle.

Robert Blake wrote:
- About the enrage thing. Should we add an enrage token each time we read "enrage +1" anywhere? For example, when activating a minion, if in the boss part of the card we can read enrage, it applies? Or is only applied when we're activating that text only.

You only advance enrage when you handle the boss activation. It doesn't matter when you activate minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Robert Blake wrote:
Hello there.

You can still visit the other locations at the current area card. If you want to leave the area, you have to spend time and move away.

Ok. Thanks. So, when wou move away from the explored card (via spending a time token), is this card removed, then another one occupies its space? Or should be removed via Venturing forth?

BeloW06 wrote:
Robert Blake wrote:

Battles are what makes this game exciting. They keep going until either all heroes (you lost) or all enemies/objectives are killed (you won). I'm not sure why you would want to quit in a battle.

Maybe to keep ourselves alive xD
Thanks. I didn't get this clear in the rulebook, so I thought there was a single round. It was almost impossible to win anybody in a single round.

BeloW06 wrote:
Robert Blake wrote:

You only advance enrage when you handle the boss activation. It doesn't matter when you activate minions.

Clear. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
Ok. Thanks. So, when wou move away from the explored card (via spending a time token), is this card removed, then another one occupies its space? Or should be removed via Venturing forth?

The last (3rd) card in the row is removed when you venture forth (add a new card). This can either be an explored or unexplored area card.

Sometimes you might go back to an explored area if it's the only one with a camp on it. It's not the most efficient move, but if you pushed forward and no camp came up, it's still a good option. Levelling up is an important part of preparing for the next battle to give some heroes an extra dice and more abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All right. Thank you!!

Hope there will be no more questions next.
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question.

¿How does the broken hit points works?

I understand that broken hit points are damage suffered when in combat. After the combat, those broken hit points are discarded. Does it mean that life points are restored to the level they were before the combat?

There is a sentence in the rules I can't get through: "When taking additional damage, broken hit points may be discarded first". What does it means?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
Another question.

I understand that broken hit points are damage suffered when in combat. After the combat, those broken hit points are discarded. Does it mean that life points are restored to the level they were before the combat?

There is a sentence in the rules I can't get through: "When taking additional damage, broken hit points may be discarded first". What does it means?

Thank you!

During battle, some abilities let you "Heal" a hero for a certain amount of hit points. Those hit points however are the broken ones and will be discarded at the end of the battle. In the rules it says:
Quote:
If victorious, all expose, heroism, shield and broken
HP markers are discarded. As long as at least one hero
survived the battle, defeated heroes are restored to 1
hit point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
Another question.

Thank you!

When you heal HP in battle, you receive broken HP markers instead of regular ones. When you lose HP in battle, you may discard broken HP markers first instead of regular HP markers. After the battle, you discard all your broken HP markers. You don't restore any HP after the battle. Please check the example below.

(1) you started the battle with 6HP
(2) during battle you were damaged for 4HP
(3) you were healed for 3HP
(4) you were attacked again for 2HP and discarded broken HP first
(5) you won the battle and discarded the broken HP markers

total
Current HP
regular

broken

Rulebook, p.19 wrote:
Healing: Healing may be performed in
battle through abilities, in order to restore
hit points. However, during battle heroes
receive broken hit point markers instead of
regular ones. When taking additional damage, broken
hit points may be discarded first. During battle, treat
these hit points just like normal hit points, but after
battle, heroes must discard all of their broken hit point
markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, guys.
This is much clearer now.

Thanks a lot!

Great game, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.