$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26.4% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Cruel Necessity» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swedish Style Formation and Doglock Cavalry Pistol Battle Event Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
Are the cards saying that ALL FOUR Musket and Pike units can each recieve the +2 bonus and Both Cavalry units the +1? The Cards do say 'one bonus per unit per battle allowed'. Also when the card reads 'per Battle' i assume that simply means whenever the card is resolved and then placed in the Discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sebringellis wrote:
Are the cards saying that ALL FOUR Musket and Pike units can each recieve the +2 bonus and Both Cavalry units the +1? The Cards do say 'one bonus per unit per battle allowed'.

No, I believe that it means that a given unit can only receive one bonus in a battle. So if you have several green cards giving bonuses to your units and you want to use them, you could not give them all to the same unit, but must give each card to a different unit of yours. (Similarly you cannot assign a Zeal bonus to one of your units which already has some other bonus in the battle; that is explicit about Zeal in 7.0 step 4.)

Quote:
Also when the card reads 'per Battle' i assume that simply means whenever the card is resolved and then placed in the Discard pile.

All cards played in battle indeed go to the discard pile. (7.0 step 4.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
It seems the only Green cards giving bonuses to the units are the two cards being discussed here, so i,m still not quite sure-it does feel right that only 1 unit get's the bonus and yet these two cards are the only ones giving the bonuses and they do say 'one bonus per unit'. You're probably right but can you why i'm slightly confused.Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sebringellis wrote:
It seems the only Green cards giving bonuses to the units are the two cards being discussed here, so i,m still not quite sure-it does feel right that only 1 unit get's the bonus and yet these two cards are the only ones giving the bonuses and they do say 'one bonus per unit'. You're probably right but can you why i'm slightly confused.Thanks for your help.

Since the other green cards (besides these 2) don't give a bonus to a unit, that's exactly why they don't mention the bonus limit: the bonus limit is irrelevant/inapplicable when playing any of those other green cards.

Have fun! I found the rules mostly straightforward after a play or two, but the game is very difficult to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
Sorry i'm still slightly confusedlaugh I have always played the cards as meaning only ONE unit gets the strength bonus-but i still don't understand why it mentions 'A maximum of one bonus per unit' when it is only these cards which offer the strength bonuses-the Swedish Style for Musket units and the Doglock for Cavalry units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sebringellis wrote:
Sorry i'm still slightly confusedlaugh If the Swedish Style and Doglock are the ONLY cards to give these bonuses,i still don't understand why it mentions 'a maximum of one bonus per unit' because there are'nt any other strength bonuses available from anywhere from what i can see.

Ah, I see what you mean now - i.e. that one is for infantry and the other is for cavalry, so you couldn't play those 2 on the same card in any case. Hmm, good point.

So I guess the text is just to remind you not to play the Zeal marker bonus together with one of those two cards onto a unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
As in Rule 7.4. Yes i think that's it.I think i also understand why the cards state that ANY unit can recieve the bonus, in the sense that whereas the Royalist Red cards assign strength bonuses to only the WEAKEST units,the Green cards demand no such restriction-hence ANY unit can recieve the bonus. Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.