Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Derelict Ship or Blasted Wastes?

I thought based on the Gencon preview that Derelict Ship was closer to being complete, but we've also seen a pretty large preview for the Blasted Wastes on the Kickstarter. It would make sense if the Derelict Ship was released next as a regular OtherWorld Expansion, and then Blasted Wastes as the second Deluxe OtherWorld Expansion. Does anyone know for sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
The Frogs have stated they were only going to start the next Kickstarter after they were finished developing everything and have sent it to the manufacturer.

The next Kickstarter is scheduled for Oct 31st.

Make of that what you will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully some backers will boycot this.

The first campaign was very poor according to their treatment and transparency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter backers should (all being well) be getting both early next year. As for the retail release, I have a feeling Derelict Ship will be first but when that is nobody knows. Based on previous otherworld releases it may not be until Gencon next year and the remaining otherworld the Gencon after that.

With the amount they still have left unreleased (not counting webstore previews) and the amount they have released so far, I honestly think it will be at least a couple of years before we see all the items that were in the Kickstarter released at retail, especially as they have to fit in the new Forbidden Fortress release and items for some of their other games which we know they have planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
Eesh. Fingers crossed they're not that slow to release to retail. Especially if everything's done by Q2 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Canjul wrote:
Eesh. Fingers crossed they're not that slow to release to retail. Especially if everything's done by Q2 2017.

The frogs have said it's their intention to release stuff to retail a little at a time. That would explain why many of the sets that were at gencon 2015 aren't at retail yet. We retail peasants have to wait for product to dribble out. And frankly, that's as it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I'm looking forward to the next otherworlds, I really hope the new heroes and alt-genders of the core heroes show up at retail soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
As much as I'm looking forward to the next otherworlds, I really hope the new heroes and alt-genders of the core heroes show up at retail soon.

They have

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/miniatures-1/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:

They have

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/miniatures-1/

I've looked at those and been tempted to buy them. But aren't the resin figs different than the retail plastic ones? I suppose that's not a big deal if they are, just wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason - They went to Resin to try to curb the complaints that were had of the Plastic losing too much detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wystan wrote:
Jason - They went to Resin to try to curb the complaints that were had of the Plastic losing too much detail.

So these are the same figures we'll see at retail? What am I waiting for?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Cooperton wrote:
Canjul wrote:

The frogs have said it's their intention to release stuff to retail a little at a time. That would explain why many of the sets that were at gencon 2015 aren't at retail yet. We retail peasants have to wait for product to dribble out. And frankly, that's as it should be.

I'd imagine they'll want to get all the currently announced stuff out to retail before the new base box. But not too far before. So when we get the Kickstarter next week and see the planned delivery date for that, we can assume that's around when everything from the first campaign should be in retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:

I'd imagine they'll want to get all the currently announced stuff out to retail before the new base box. But not too far before. So when we get the Kickstarter next week and see the planned delivery date for that, we can assume that's around when everything from the first campaign should be in retail.

They did suggest in the comments for Forbidden Fortress that Blasted Wastes might not be out before 2018.

Which fits their statement that the first kickstarter would cover 3 or 4 years of retail releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.