3 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using Action - Other - Items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Pirazzini
msg tools
Still confused about the hero phase.

I know that if i attack or disable a trap or i make a move + move my hero phase ends but...

What about utility power and items? What it means OTHER on the Hero Phase?

Can i use as many as item i have in front of me EXCEPT for "The only exception to this rule applies to Items that provide an attack or defense bonus. A Hero can gain only one attack bonus and one defense bonus from Items at a time." ?

If i have 2 healing potion, can i use them in my hero phase?
Can i use 2 utility and 2 item? Do they count as an "OTHER" action or they aren't an action (as RAW)?

Can I move+use utility+use item+attack on my hero phase? For what i played since now... yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy A
msg tools
Hi, Andrea!
1. "Other" means special ACTIONS, which are described specifically (e.g. open up Adventure book and look into Special Adventure Rules for Adventure 3: Investigate Villager Action... and so on).
2. About Utility Powers. Originally these are Power Cards, but specific Power Cards. As rules say: "...Many of these powers don't require an attack-action to use, instead specifying when to use the ability..." (p.9). So if these powers don't require an attack-action, then you can use these as listed on Cards (including "Flip it over after use", if this is listed on) without any doubt.
3. About Items. Same as Utility with one small exception, that you wrote: "...A Hero can gain only one attack BONUS and one defense BONUS from items at a time..." (p.13).

In your case, if you have 2 healing potions, you can use them each other on your hero phase. Don't be forget, discard these items after use.
About other questions: again, you can use items and Utility as listed on them without counting actions, except if these items or Utility require an attack-action to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pirazzini
msg tools
Thanks!

But why can't we make a google doc shared with all these faq?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.