$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 130.94

7,700 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
20 
 Thumb up
 Hide
289 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Burreato 2016- The Official Discussion and Chat Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
The sign-up geeklist for this year's Burreato Challenge is now available; click on this link to join:

BurrEato 2016- Join us in eating 30 burritos in 30 days!

Add tortillas to your shopping lists; November is going to be full of burrito goodness.

Please read the bottom half of the geeklist header, at least, even if you have done the challenge before and think that you know what's what.

Also, the first geeklist item contains some optional challenges, to keep your interest level up (although just eating burritos should be enough on its own).
If you would like to sponsor an award or trophy in this optional challenges section, please geekmail me with your thoughts about it.

The Burreato Challenge begins!
15 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AWWWW YEAH!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Big news-- we already have a sponsor for one of the optional challenges, and it's a doozy of a prize.
Plus you should have no trouble finding three optional challenges that you can fail at winning or completing.
So sign up, already!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Sunkencheerio will buy a game off of the winner's BGG wishlist or send them a gift card to a game store. Prize value of $50.
If the winner prefers video games, she will gift a Steam video game instead.


How awesome is that?!!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Big news-- we already have a sponsor for one of the optional challenges, and it's a doozy of a prize.
Plus you should have no trouble finding three optional challenges that you can fail at winning or completing.
So sign up, already!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Sunkencheerio will buy a game off of the winner's BGG wishlist or send them a gift card to a game store. Prize value of $50.
If the winner prefers video games, she will gift a Steam video game instead.


How awesome is that?!!


Whoa...shit just got real. Way to go Debbie!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
disom wrote:
Whoa...shit just got real. Way to go Debbie!


Yeah-- we're trying to decide if we should reword things so people don't deliberately try to fail just to get a shot at the prize.

I can already fail at 5 categories just by eating two homemade burritos on consecutive days, so the trick will be to encourage some people into actually attempting some of those easy-to-fail ones.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all about failure.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My new eating habits/restrictions basically make consuming burritos impossible. I might sign up but all I can do to contribute is maybe a hand full of burrito bowls.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm it's been a long time since I did Burreato... so tempting...
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallan Christenson
United States
Porterville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge accepted!

Not exactly sure how the prizes necessarily work. But I'll be at least contributing to the cause. As it is, I recently experimented with making salad burritos and been having them almost daily for lunch.

Favorite recipe I came up with:
- flour tortilla
- spinach
- ranch dressing
- shredded cheese
- bacon crumbles
- craisins
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
More good news-- there will be large geekgold prizes for two of the optional challenges.
Details should be on the appropriate geeklist item within an hour.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would eating a burrito someone else made disqualify me for the "It's true, I don't know how to cook" Award? Homemade burritos are so much tastier than store bought, and so much cheaper than restaurants (other than Taco Bell/Del Taco, but too many of those will murder my intestinal tract.)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Would eating a burrito someone else made disqualify me for the "It's true, I don't know how to cook" Award? Homemade burritos are so much tastier than store bought, and so much cheaper than restaurants (other than Taco Bell/Del Taco, but too many of those will murder my intestinal tract.)

The "It's true, I don't know how to cook" Award is there for people who only buy their burritos as a completely formed entity.

If a burrito is prepared and folded, made from scratch (not already filled and folded) in a house or an apartment, then it is homemade no matter who made it or ate it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
runtsta wrote:
Would eating a burrito someone else made disqualify me for the "It's true, I don't know how to cook" Award? Homemade burritos are so much tastier than store bought, and so much cheaper than restaurants (other than Taco Bell/Del Taco, but too many of those will murder my intestinal tract.)

The "It's true, I don't know how to cook" Award is there for people who only buy their burritos as a completely formed entity.

If a burrito is prepared and folded, made from scratch (not already filled and folded) in a house or an apartment, then it is homemade no matter who made it or ate it.

But I still can't cook
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
But I still can't cook


Folding a tortilla stuffed with leftovers counts as cooking.
We have a very open definition of the term. laugh
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
My new eating habits/restrictions basically make consuming burritos impossible. I might sign up but all I can do to contribute is maybe a hand full of burrito bowls.


Rudy...consuming burritos impossible... I am so sad right now.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
My new eating habits/restrictions basically make consuming burritos impossible. I might sign up but all I can do to contribute is maybe a hand full of burrito bowls.


Rudy...consuming burritos impossible... I am so sad right now.

I know! wow I thought it was an immutable law of nature.
It's as if the moon said, "I'll still be there at night but I can't reflect light anymore."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
My new eating habits/restrictions basically make consuming burritos impossible. I might sign up but all I can do to contribute is maybe a hand full of burrito bowls.


Rudy...consuming burritos impossible... I am so sad right now.



11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Can you use multiple tortillas for the longest burrito challenge?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
My new eating habits/restrictions basically make consuming burritos impossible. I might sign up but all I can do to contribute is maybe a hand full of burrito bowls.


I feel like someone just told me that Santa isn't real.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny thing is, we went out to the local Mexican restaurant last night for supper and we were talking about how there should be some news of BurrEato coming soon since November is fast approaching.

So excited....burritos!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Friff14 wrote:
Can you use multiple tortillas for the longest burrito challenge?


Good idea-- I think that it should be allowed, as long as the overlap is enough so they can't be pulled apart too easily. I'll think upon it.
I plan to post a poll where people can judge on entries that are close to each other, if it comes to that.
Personally, I'd vote for one really big tortilla over several put together, but if the overall length of the linked tortillas is impressive enough then I could be swayed.

I made an executive decision-- if you can pick up the burrito by each end and not have it fall apart in the middle, then it counts.
So some creative overlapping techniques will probably be required.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Friff14 wrote:
Can you use multiple tortillas for the longest burrito challenge?


Good idea-- I think that it should be allowed, as long as the overlap is enough so they can't be pulled apart too easily. I'll think upon it.
I plan to post a poll where people can judge on entries that are close to each other, if it comes to that.
Personally, I'd vote for one really big tortilla over several put together, but if the overall length of the linked tortillas is impressive enough then I could be swayed.


I want to see a video of someone trying to eat the longest burrito! meeple
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:
MABBY wrote:
Friff14 wrote:
Can you use multiple tortillas for the longest burrito challenge?


Good idea-- I think that it should be allowed, as long as the overlap is enough so they can't be pulled apart too easily. I'll think upon it.
I plan to post a poll where people can judge on entries that are close to each other, if it comes to that.
Personally, I'd vote for one really big tortilla over several put together, but if the overall length of the linked tortillas is impressive enough then I could be swayed.


I want to see a video of someone trying to eat the longest burrito! meeple


It will probably look something like this:
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Newly conceived and added to the list: The "Hunka Hunka Burning Butt" Trophy

Check the geeklist, first item, for details.

Thanks to Linda (CallieMo) for this!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Math and Games With Margaret
United States
Ventura
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
MABBY wrote:
runtsta wrote:
Would eating a burrito someone else made disqualify me for the "It's true, I don't know how to cook" Award? Homemade burritos are so much tastier than store bought, and so much cheaper than restaurants (other than Taco Bell/Del Taco, but too many of those will murder my intestinal tract.)

The "It's true, I don't know how to cook" Award is there for people who only buy their burritos as a completely formed entity.

If a burrito is prepared and folded, made from scratch (not already filled and folded) in a house or an apartment, then it is homemade no matter who made it or ate it.

But I still can't cook


It is true he can't cook, but I can't eat out. This is how he got his home made tacos in Taco De Mayo. I can't eat normal food... so, I give him my already made food. He does not even create with his own left overs
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.