Popular Tags: [View All]
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

As stated on the files section, I am currently pimping this game to give it a more "pleasant" look. Pity that it doesn't receive as much love as it deserves.

Pimped rules including "Player's Ed" additions is already up in the file section. I just wanted to upload a sample of the Event Cards. Currently finishing the work on them and thought I shared to see what you guys think.

The next step will be printing 3D small mechs (I am thinking 16mm at most for assault ones) and re work the Inner Sphere map.

So please leave any feedback.

All art belongs to their owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! Thanks for doing it. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Great work!

Looking forward to the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great work! RESPECT!

As for the mechs and other units, i am currently in process of upgrading my version with pieces from RISK 2210 because it has 3 types of "mechs" which is good for light, medium and heavy/assault units. Fact is that they come in 5 colours of which 4 match with Battletech houses (only MArik needs to be painted in purple, and Comstar in white.
As for conventional units i have tank pieces from ordinary risk in various colours to represent.
Jumpships will be represented with spaceships from one of my space games such as Twilight Imperium.
So if you have some old risks available then maybe you can canibalize them instead of "printing" them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was one possibility, but given the relatively "cheap" 3D printing costs, the fact that Mechwarrior Online has revamped and made gorgeous mech models and that I have enough spare time, I really want to go the extra mile.

I think small 15mm mechs, that we all can recognize will give the game the perfect touch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto García-Casillas
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

This game clearly needs a rework. It's a great scenario and I'd love a reimplementation 30 years later with newer mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok i can see the point in printing the mechs.
So you will not use the original game counters for units but you will use mech figures.
Do you have plan then to print some tanks also for conventional forces and jumpships too?
Which models will you use for leaders and factories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanks and dropships (raid markers) too. Factories can be good old wooden meeples and fo rleaders I think the best is to use updated counters. Jump ships...thinking about it and toying with 3d models
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uploading cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sneak peek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next steps:

.- Start the work on the Inner Sphere map. I am toying with some ideas in my mind but don't know yet where or how to start.

.- Work on mech 3d models: I am between choosing 4-5 mech models (light- medium- heavy- assault) to represent forces: 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10. After some reading maybe, and if available, "typical" mech models for each house (i.e. Raven for Marik, Dragon for Kurita and so on)

.-Tank 3d model: I am working on some mechcommander 2 files

.-Dropship: Have already a scaled 3d model.

.- Control/ Piracy counters: 90% done

Some more eye candy : (15mm warhammer classical prototype painted)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cool

Keep up the good work!

As far as i can recall from the books i have read from the Battletech series (some 20 years ago), typical Kurita light mech type was Jenner, Commando (produced somewhere in Donegal district) was Steiner typical Light Mech, and Zeus was Steiner typical Heavy Mech. Valkyre i think light mech was Davion's design but i'm not 100 percent sure on that.

I'm pretty sure that Locust and Wasps light mechs were the most common Mech types for Bandit kingdoms and other peripherial States

If something more comes to my mind i will post it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto García-Casillas
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tipical/Original Mech per class and house

HOUSE LIAO
- Light: Although the RVN-1X Raven is the most disctintive light mech built in Liao's, it is not developed yet in 3025
- Medium: VND-1R Vindicator
- Heavy: Althoug the ARC-2R Archer is the most prominent heavy mech in the Capellan army by far, the most disctintive is the CTF-1X Cataphract
- Assault: The BLR-1G Battlemaster is most used in the capellans assault lances. Although the STK-3F Stalker and the AWS-8Q Awesome are the most fielded.

HOUSE MARIK
- Light: FLE-4A Flea
- Medium: HER-2S Hermes II
- Heavy: ON1-K Orion
- Assault: THG-10E Thug

HOUSE STEINER
- Light: COM-2D Commando
- Medium: HCT-3F Hatchetman
- Heavy: FLS-7K Flashman
- Assault: ZEU-6S Zeus

HOUSE KURITA
- Light: JRD-7 Jenner or PNT-9R Panther
- Medium: There's no specific draconis design. The most fielded medium mechs are the PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk and the GRF-1N Griffin by far.
- Heavy: DRG-1N Dragon (of course)
- Assault: There's no specific draconis design. The most fielded assault mechs are the STK-3F Stalker and the AWS-8Q Awesome.

HOUSE DAVION
- Light: VLK-QA Valkyrie
- Medium: ENF-4R Enforcer
- Heavy: JM6-S Jaggermech
- Assault: VTR-9B Victor or LGB-0W Longbow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neuro Mancer
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i have found my Technical Readout book from 3025, and according to it i agree with lycanthropos, but just with one remark.

HBK-4G Hunchback is House Kurita typical Medium Mech design (Manufacturer: Komiyaba/Nissan General Industries)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.