Subject: Big Open Board Gaming Day 19 Nov In Edinburgh rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks

Edinburgh Board and Video Gamers are holding another big open board gaming day on Saturday 19th Nov:

10:30am - 4pm at the Grassmarket Community Centre (86 Candlemaker Row, EH1 2QA - Basically at the little roundabout in the grassmarket),

4:30pm - Close at the Kilderkin pub (Browns Close, 65 Canongate - Basically at the bottom of royal mile)
(edit)McCowans Brewhouse 134 Dundee Street, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, EH11 1AF (please see comment below)

please sign up here if your interesting in joining us.
http://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Gamers/

Theres two separate sign ups on the site as it essentially helps us know how many rooms/tables to book. Feel free to join for either or both depending on when your free.

For those unfamiliar with these events, for the afternoon we book a large community centre hall for the morning/afternoon. This also has a number of smaller rooms we can use if we fill up. We then decamp off to the (edit)kilderkin whistle pub for a spot of pub gaming.

It’s a socially focussed event and there are typically a good number of lighter gaming to allow new people to try the hobby out but many experienced gamers will also bring and play the chunkier stuff. Great place to meet new folk, try out new games or indeed cut your teeth in a new hobby!

Were reliant on people to bring games if they can but ofc if you don’t have a collection or cant bring stuff for whatever reason, many people will let you use theirs (please take care with them ofc!).

Finally the café and pub let us use their facilities free of charge. So I encourage you to buy your food and drink from them to make sure were welcomed back again. We`ll also have our own donations tin out with a suggested donation of £1 that goes towards meetup site fees and occasional minor stationary costs – its entirely voluntary, no pressure or expectation at all from us but it is all very much appreciated can promise you!

Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great event, always good to see new faces. If anyone is shy of joining Meetup then just reply here and me, or one of the other organisers, will add you as a '+1' to our RSVP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might well come along for this. +1 me.

Cheers

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tentacles wrote:
I might well come along for this. +1 me.

Cheers

Tom

Added, Cheers for letting us know tom. see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
badge
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
mb

I've been to the last couple and can recommend it: nice venue; great selection of games and very welcoming people. I hope to make it along for this one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks

Just a note to say theres been a change of venue for the evening proportion of this. We`ll now be at McCowans Brewhouse on Fountain park.

http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/pub/mccowans-brewhouse-pub-e...

134 Dundee Street, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, EH11 1AF

One big difference that might appeal to some of you coming in from out of town is that the leisure park has a car park. Not sure of charges, though I believe you can get the ticket validated somehow, but please don't rely on that incase I'm mistaken!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Just to let you know, I might not make it tomorrow. We are expecting a delivery at some point tomorrow and the missus will be out all morning at her important nail and hair appointments, so I'll have to be in. If the delivery happens in the morning I'll scoot along to join you all.

thanks

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are validating machines in some of the outlets in the retail park. The Cineworld has one near on the left of the snack counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DOnt worry tom, we`ll certainly do more in the future. But thanks for letting us know.

Also great day as always all - thanks to everyone who came along
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.