7 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Old Ones question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So after my first game, in regards to me probably not reading the rules correctly

The Old Ones - If we have an Old One that has a recurring icon, does that mean it happens at the end of each persons turn, or the actual end of everyone's turn for that round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Which Old One(s) are you thinking of? I didn't think there were "recurring" effects. Either they are one-shot, or are continuous effects that last throughout everyone's turns and all phases of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
peakhope wrote:
Which Old One(s) are you thinking of? I didn't think there were "recurring" effects. Either they are one-shot, or are continuous effects that last throughout everyone's turns and all phases of the round.

that may answer my question then, i was asking in regards to the one with the swirly icon on them

managed to get the 'take 3 cultists out' one on my first ever go, it ended the game pretty quickly

i wasn't sure if that happened at the end of each players turn, or the rounds turn end

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
peakhope wrote:

that may answer my question then, i was asking in regards to the one with the swirly icon on them

managed to get the 'take 3 cultists out' one on my first ever go, it ended the game pretty quickly

i wasn't sure if that happened at the end of each players turn, or the rounds turn end

just once
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:

The reason Azathoth has the persistent icon is so that you can use the Seal of Leng relic to undo his effect and return the three removed cultists to the supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linear wrote:

The reason Azathoth has the persistent icon is so that you can use the Seal of Leng relic to undo his effect and return the three removed cultists to the supply.

This. The reason it has the persistent symbol is because once he awakens, you must play the rest of the game with 3 less cultists than you would normally have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
i totally didn't read it right then

i was under the impression that those with the 'swirly' icon meant that you had to do that at the end of everyone's turn...every time!!

we took 3 cultists each turn after he was awoken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.