Zpocalypse 2: Defend the Burbs» Forums » General

Subject: A new game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Will this be a new standalone game or a replacement for the original Zpocalypse game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Dawn Raider wrote:
Will this be a new standalone game or a replacement for the original Zpocalypse game?
thematic successor. 100% stand alone. Contains rules to use 1.0 tiles, minis, and dice, as well as revisiting some 1.0 locations once you fix the truck. Should hit stores sometime this spring. Pledge manager closes next week. http://greenbriergames.com/zpocalypse2

note: the game got a hefty art overhaul when designer/artist Stephen Gibson, creator of Grimslingers joined the GBG team last summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the info.

So it would be worthwhile me getting the original game and it wouldn't be a wasted purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they said during the KS that they would be providing files you can download to update the 1.0 materials. There have been some fundamental changes to the rules. You will not be able to use the equipment cards and exploration cards as they stand.

Of course the 1.0 game is still a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Ok looks like it will be worth waiting for Defend the Burbs to come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn Raider wrote:
Ok looks like it will be worth waiting for Defend the Burbs to come out.

I have been assured theory will updated for download , virtually all the version 1 content. On that basis I went all in.

Looking at rthe latest ruleset for zpocalypse and the new one most of the new stuff VI's backward compatible. Just the skill level and item stats need revisiting.

From yesterrdays Kickstarter comments wrote:

I see the two dovetailing so that quite vlkarge campaigns can be run.
At the time of delivery for Defend the Burbs, only some of the components will be compatible from the original Zpocalypse. This includes all the miniatures, tiles, dice, tokens, and fortifications. Because the mechanics of the game have changed to focus more on skill and tactical decision making, as opposed to the more luck-based system of the predecessor, survivors and weapons will not be immediately compatible from the previous game. However, after we get some feedback from you guys about what types of things you'd like to see for the old cards in the new system, we're going to recreate old content with updated information/layouts. Initially that content will be released as a PnP download for you guys (along with other additional content for Z2), but if there is enough interest in a physical version we will try to make that available as well. Side note: we love'd to hear about home brews from people merging the games prior to our supplemental content!
Thanks for the support everyone. Talk to you soon,
-Walter

I think the new rules tactical system is a great improvement but it does mean equipment and personalities require upgrading. I went all in so that does mean a lot of work but GBG will have some sort of system for setting the stats. I would be happy to keep original artwork.

I will be extremely dissapointed if they go back on this , what feedback do they need , the cards need upgrading why would we only want selective content.

If they had released an upgrade kit e.g. ship new player boards and the upgraded files we could have provided lots of feedback by now. I would probably have paid for replaced cards (at a reasonable cost)

I recently met up at a game weekend some new players , they had as shiny new copy. The needed help with the rules as they didn't have the latest and the originals wered poorly organised.

Once they got going they loved it. I pointed them at the pledge manager for defend the burbs , did tell them there would be an upgrade kit so hope I haven't misled anyone.

Its a shame GBG seem to only visit this game in short bursts , more attention and I think it would have sold a lot better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I certainly agree with your last sentence as the hit count for this game compared to the other well know zombie games seems really low.

Looking at the game developers website the upcoming Zpocalypse 2 looks great and I hope it's a big success, I see it will be ready for spring 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.