Subject: question about suppliers VS. Sherrif's Office rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bri beleren
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
so the sheriff's office is one of the cards from the winter expansion that gives victory points during the production phase depending on a number of resources that you gain, in this case, the card gives 1 victory point for each gun you produce to a max of 3, so say my opponent has this location, and I play suppliers wanting to choose my opponent's sheriff office? Suppliers say that when you build it you choose a production and gain the goods it produces, so how would that work if I chose the sherrif's office? so I get the victory points at all? and if I do, does it judge my guns I would get, or my opponent's? furthermore , suppliers other ability is that during production phase, I choose a production and get its goods instead of my opponent, so assuming I choose sherrif's office again during this phase, would it use my guns to figure out points or my opponent's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beleren669 wrote:
so the sheriff's office is one of the cards from the winter expansion that gives victory points during the production phase depending on a number of resources that you gain, in this case, the card gives 1 victory point for each gun you produce to a max of 3, so say my opponent has this location, and I play suppliers wanting to choose my opponent's sheriff office? Suppliers say that when you build it you choose a production and gain the goods it produces, so how would that work if I chose the sherrif's office? so I get the victory points at all? and if I do, does it judge my guns I would get, or my opponent's? furthermore , suppliers other ability is that during production phase, I choose a production and get its goods instead of my opponent, so assuming I choose sherrif's office again during this phase, would it use my guns to figure out points or my opponent's?

I don't have the cards in front of me, but based on your description I don't think that you can use them together. If Sheriff's Office doesn't produce anything, you can't use Supplier's on it. Sheriff's Office is probably an Action card vs. a Production card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodzilla68 wrote:
I don't have the cards in front of me, but based on your description I don't think that you can use them together. If Sheriff's Office doesn't produce anything, you can't use Supplier's on it. Sheriff's Office is probably an Action card vs. a Production card.

On the contrary, I believe this works just fine. If the Sheriff's Office gives VP during production it is a production building, so then it _does_ produce something. But a photo of the two cards would have been a real help. [subscribed]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, if it is worded to give points in the production phase based on how many resources you produced then picking it using an action is pointless (pardon the pun) as it's not the production phase and you have produce no resources at the time of selecting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bri beleren
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
both cards are production cards, sheriff's office gives victory points equal to the number of guns you produce during the production phase to a max of 3, and suppliers allow me to basically choose a production of my opponent's and get the goods from it instead of them, with a building bonus of doing it instantly, I'm not sure that we will be able to get an official answer, but I think the question has been asked on here at least twice, that would answer this, which is how exactly locations that produce victory points work, whether they instantly produce or not, and what they count when and if they do so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.