27.3% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, I didn't spot a similar question where looking for spoiler threads for May.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

When say the Blue disease has been Eradicated, and Madrid has been converted to being a faded city (Our CoDA colour is Yellow)

If the Madrid card is drawn during the infection step is a faded figure placed on Madrid or is the card ignored due to the eradication of the Blue disease?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If Madrid is Faded then it receives a Faded figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Thread is marked spoilers. No need to mark spoilers up to May.)

Basically, once a city of a non-CoDA color becomes Faded, nothing you do to the original disease color affects it during infections. The underlying color doesn't change, in case it ever matters; for example, the Madrid card is still Blue and could be used to cure the Blue disease, but the city will only ever get a cube of its original color if an adjacent non-Faded city outbreaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, We played that wrong then, as in the penultimate turn during the infection step (3 cards) Madrid came up but because we had eradicated blue we did not place a faded figure, even though Madrid was now faded.

I'll have to remember that for the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.