Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only did the CoolStuffInc preorder come with special bonus pack of 15 Original Series themed Exploration Cards to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek.
It also came with a baggie outside the main box of a single pack of 3D Starbases, containing three highly-detailed game pieces; a Federation Starbase, a Klingon Starbase and a Romulan Starbase.

And to think I almost cancelled my pre-order last week. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw so jealous, I got the 50th edition cards in my order from Meeplemart but no stations. :/

Granted I imagine GF9 will release them in plastic at some point for all 5 current and announced factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dixon
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks for this post! I just received mine from MM and found these as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Sherman
United States
Neenah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where they pre-glued/assembled or in pieces? They look like the bases that they sold at GENCON '16. Wishing I would have waited now and both gotten CSI price on the game as well as the 3D promos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dixon
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Mine weren't assembled or pre-glued, but looks to be an easy task

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my box with 'em from MM today. Mine didn't break from the plastic holders easily so I'll need to smooth out the bases, but a nice little extra. Platitudes for the frustrating release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad I preordered from Battlefront. I got none of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm awaiting my preorder from CSI.....I'll be upset if I don't get the same things!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up...found mine in the box.

Edit: Welp, I just snapped one in half getting it off the spine. Be careful, they're brittle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet news.
How long did it take to get your CSI order after it shipped?
I usually get mine in 2 days after they ship. For some reason this is showing still taking a week to get here. I just ordered some more items Monday and they will be here tomorrow. Strange stuff getting this game in hand for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enie wrote:
Not only did the CoolStuffInc preorder come with special bonus pack of 15 Original Series themed Exploration Cards to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek.
It also came with a baggie outside the main box of a single pack of 3D Starbases, containing three highly-detailed game pieces; a Federation Starbase, a Klingon Starbase and a Romulan Starbase.

I got my package from Coolstuffinc today. Glad I read your post. I went and checked the packing box and found the stations in the packing peanuts. I would have thrown them away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these going to be available in retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Karns
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for mentioning that. I had to dig through a mess of peanuts to find them, but here they were. Awesome! Have a little GG for the mention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the space station designs from TV/movie source material? Or did GF9 get artistic freedom to do their own representations?

I believe Deep Space 9 is Cardassian design, but I wonder what Ferengi or Gorn or Tholian space stations would look like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my preorder from Gamenerdz today. Looked all through the box hoping that maybe I might get them too. Nothing. Oh well. I would've pre ordered from Coolstuff but they were sold out at the time.

I'm happy I got the 50th anniversary cards at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I could have easily missed these in the peanuts if I wasn't looking for another mini game that I had ordered .

The bases come in 2 pieces or so on a sprue and they do look very brittle.

I preordered in march/April this year from CSI

Once stocked my order took about a week to ship, but I did have another preorder in there so who knows what factors play into processing and shipping.

I will order an expansion or two so these would become useless then or I would have to order others. Well played gf9 devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Jatta Pake wrote:
Are the space station designs from TV/movie source material? Or did GF9 get artistic freedom to do their own representations?

I believe Deep Space 9 is Cardassian design, but I wonder what Ferengi or Gorn or Tholian space stations would look like.

For almost every species there are space station designs in some book, game, or other, but no there is no canon space station designs for Ferengi and most of the other species in the trek universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
enie wrote:

have a GG penny for looking out for fellow gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my MM preorder - no 3D miniatures - for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua VanBooven

Sedalia
Missouri
msg tools
never would've thought to search the peanuts if not for the post thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enie wrote:

Ditto. Then I placed another order, and got another one in the peanuts. Both of them were mostly off the sprue. The ones that weren't didn't want to come off the sprue, and I was afraid I would break them so I stopped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Battlefront f-ed up my pre-order by charging me twice and sending two copies (after I let them know about the mistake). It took them almost three weeks to respond to my questions/problem, by which time I had sold the extra copy. I got no apologies, nor bonus items. Yay.

How did CSI get these and nobody else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HvKjr wrote:
Got my box with 'em from MM today. Mine didn't break from the plastic holders easily so I'll need to smooth out the bases, but a nice little extra. Platitudes for the frustrating release?

I asked MM and they said they didn't send them out. They want $20 for the set. It was my understanding that they were gencon freebies. Can anyone confirm that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Geek wrote:
HvKjr wrote:

I asked MM and they said they didn't send them out. They want $20 for the set. It was my understanding that they were gencon freebies. Can anyone confirm that?

They must have made a mistake then, because I definitely didn't order them but got them with the base game from MM. But, I guess, shhh...don't tell anyone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Parker
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
I just saw this today, over a month after receiving my pre-order.
I thought "What?! _I_ didn't get any starbases...wait,...DID I get any startbases?"
And I hunted down the box which I saved here at work, and dug through the packing material. and hot diggety damn! I DID get them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.