Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to hear how long the 2016 Vintage playing time was for 4p including rules explanation for those playing Vinhos for the first time altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For us, a four player game, it took just a bit over two hours. This was with no one having played either iteration of Vinhos before and with seasoned gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you're going to squarely be over 2 hours but definitely less than 3 hours, depending on how long the explanation is and how AP-prone players are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solanthos wrote:
...depending on how long the explanation is and how AP-prone players are.

The paralysis hit me in this game in a way that was really surprising. It was mainly near the end of the game when your options with the wine experts and Magnate action tiles have grown substantially. Normally, AP is not a problem for me, but my wife and I took around 2 hours for our first 2 player game.

I would plan on 3 hours for a first game with 4 players even if they are seasoned gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The missus and I had a similar experience to Joel on our first 2 player game. 2016 is streamlined, but there is still plenty of opportunity for AP later in the game.

Plus, it's worth noting that the official rules video is worth a watch to cut down on that first play time. The only glitch is the wording used to explain taking back barrels during maintenance. The video says to take back one, but you can take back "one or more" from the local establishments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
We played it in 3.. started at 18.30 and ended at 1:00. No one knew the rules, we went through them slowly. Also, there was a break for pizza but still the game was rather long I do not regret it - it is an excellent game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
The missus and I had a similar experience to Joel on our first 2 player game. 2016 is streamlined, but there is still plenty of opportunity for AP later in the game.

Plus, it's worth noting that the official rules video is worth a watch to cut down on that first play time. The only glitch is the wording used to explain taking back barrels during maintenance. The video says to take back one, but you can take back "one or more" from the local establishments.

Wait, really? So Paul made a mistake in his video? surprise
Wow that would make things quite different for sure (at least for my first game of Vinhos)
Thanks for bringing it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baimi wrote:
japester1 wrote:

Wow that would make things quite different for sure (at least for my first game of Vinhos)

It's not just a mistake in the video. He's just following the printed mistake on page 13 of the rules and the player aids! zombie

As an additional data point regarding first plays, two different games this week one at home with four and one at a convention both took just over 4 hours including set up, rules, and playing time with 4p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

No he didn't, I did. Please take a look at this article.
Paul never makes mistakes in his videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.