Subject: German supply rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble figuring out German supply rules, specifically OOS 1,2,3 with 3 being the culprit. Should OOS3 unit "out in the countryside" be removed if not near city? I have a feeling it's a typo, since most things break at 1/2/3 vs 4/5/6 and russians use >3 AS markers (german OOS markers). Can anyone shed some light on it please?

The rules:

V. Terminal (and Mutual) Supply Phase:
B. Remove all Axis-satellite units bearing "1" Out Of Supply (OOS) counters that have no complete supply line at this time. (The maximum Axis supply line length is 12 hexes.)

C. Remove all German units which have a ">3" OOS marker or higher, have no supply line of 12 or fewer hexes, and are not in or adjacent to a German-controlled city hex.

D. Remove all German units in or next to a friendly controlled city hex bearing a "6" OOS counter that have no complete supply line at this time.

7.31 German units in or next to a German controlled city hex can survive beyond the OOS-3 state. Such units may carry the OOS process out to the OOS-6 level. The combat and movement penalties continue to increase proportionately. For example, German units in an OOS-4 state lose 4 movement points and 40 percent of their combat factor strength.

7.32 German units in the OOS-4, 00S-5 or 00S-6 states lose their zones of control (though they still do negate enemy zones of control). Further, the 503rd./65th Pz. fin. and the 9th FLAK Div. lose their combat-result-enhancement ef-fect when in 00S-4, 5 or 6. (They still do contribute their combat factors.) And last, German mechanized units in 00S-4, 5 or 6 may not conduct mobile assaults.

7.33 Should German units in OOS-4, 5 or 6 move away or be forced away from the supply-providing city, or should that city fall under Soviet control, the affected German units would then be immediately destroyed during the coming Terminal Supply Phase. (Provided no supply line had been opened to them in the meantime.) German units "out in the countryside" would, of course, be removed after having reached the OOS-3 state.

My current understanding and guess is:
- remove all German OOS 6 units outside 12 hex supply, regardless of position (4.2 V.D.)
- remove all German OOS 4,5,6 units outside 12 hex supply and not in/adjacent to controlled city (4.2 V.C., 7.31, 7.33)
- german OOS 1,2,3 units stay
- remove all Axis-satellite OOS-1 units with no supply line (12 or less in length)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoran Bosnjak
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To reply to myself, that V.C and 7.33 looks definitely like a typo. In developers notes at page 45 it says surrounded units survive for 6 turns, otherwise 3. So it really splits 1/2/3 vs 4/5/6. I like the elegance of that..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.