Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Political Robo Calls… rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablito A
msg tools
I'm curious if this sort of thing is largely just a waste.

Poll
What is your response to the current wave of political robo calls (prerecorded phone calls)?
I listen until the call is complete.
I listen but only if I agree with the position of the calling party.
I listen but only if I disagree with the position of the calling party.
I hang up as soon as I know it’s a robo call.
I erupt into profanity and hurl the phone across the room and then look for some kittens to stomp on.
      41 answers
Poll created by Get off my lawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Fortunately for me, my wife and I happen to be fostering a pair of adorable calico kittens for the rest of the month ... so plenty of kittens to stomp! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
I put it on hold to save the next poor schmuck the time of dealing with it. With sales calls, I say, "Oh, that sounds really interesting. Please hold while I get him/her on the line for you," and then send them to our annoying hold music/never to ring us again line of oblivion where they sit until they decide to hang up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would I answer the phone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
I never answer a call from a number I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Now that I've voted (we have early voting here in Colorado) I've decided to indulge them. So far they're all roboalls and it's interesting to try to guess who is the sponsor by the way the questions are asked/slanted.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
bjlillo wrote:
I put it on hold to save the next poor schmuck the time of dealing with it. With sales calls, I say, "Oh, that sounds really interesting. Please hold while I get him/her on the line for you," and then send them to our annoying hold music/never to ring us again line of oblivion where they sit until they decide to hang up.

Out-fucking-standing soldier!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've never received one, to my knowledge. But I haven't had a land line since 2007 and I don't think they're allowed to call cell phones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
lfisher wrote:
Why would I answer the phone?

Yeah, I never pick up when I see it's either blocked or some weird number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An attorney friend of ours, who had very small talkative children at the time, would hand off sales calls to the talkative children to spout gibberish to the poor person trying to read from a script.

These days, however, it's pure robocall rather than a script-enabled human, so all the fun is gone.

As for political calls, we haven't received a one. (Sometimes being in a state that's a foregone conclusion has its advantages.) However, since the Boston media market covers NH, I'm seeing the place blanketed in Republican ads, both for the Republican Party generally (do you remember that Democrat financial crisis BOOGA BOOGA), as well as for Trump (look at those RALLIES!) and both Ayotte (fairly reasonable positive ad, really goofy anti-Hassan ad) and Hassan (mirror-world ads).

Personally, I really want to indulge Kellyanne Conway and give Trump all the debates he wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hang up whether it's a political robo call or any other kind of robo call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually hang up but fairly often I set the phone down and continue typing with youtube playing some political news segment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The NRA called they other other day. I said something in response but I don't think they record or listen to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
I'm getting a lot of calls like this, even though I'm in one of the most solid red states imaginable. But most of them are state issues (we have six referendums on the ballot) and state Senate/House races that are pretty close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Just did one of these, a robo call but interesting enough questions regarding who I was supporting, a couple of state initiatives, etc.

Couldn't really tell who the sponsor was....questions seemed pretty neutral, there weren't any "Do you plan to vote for Donald Trump or the lying heathen Hillary "can't keep her husband on a leash" Hillary"?

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.