44.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Chris Dr
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read just about every thread in this forum and have not found an answer to this--

If I play the official "short variant" of the Valley Games version, I will have 5 elections and each player will have 4 Contribution cards. So do we:

1) Only play Contribution cards after rounds 1-3, because there is no reason to get money after round 4 because there are no further actions to be paid for. In this case, each player has a choice between 2 contribution cards for that 3rd-round Contribution phase, and each player will also end the game with 1 unplayed contribution card.

or

2) Play contribution cards after round 4 as well. Obviously each person will not accept the $$ from this final contribution, and instead choose to increase National party membership. But someone may get the bonus dice rolls if they play a higher-value contribution card than anyone else in this final round.

I'm leaning toward 1 but am interested if there is either a definitive ruling or opinion. Looking forward to our group's first play of this tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdr wrote:
I've read just about every thread in this forum and have not found an answer to this--

If I play the official "short variant" of the Valley Games version, I will have 5 elections and each player will have 4 Contribution cards. So do we:

1) Only play Contribution cards after rounds 1-3, because there is no reason to get money after round 4 because there are no further actions to be paid for. In this case, each player has a choice between 2 contribution cards for that 3rd-round Contribution phase, and each player will also end the game with 1 unplayed contribution card.

or

2) Play contribution cards after round 4 as well. Obviously each person will not accept the $$ from this final contribution, and instead choose to increase National party membership. But someone may get the bonus dice rolls if they play a higher-value contribution card than anyone else in this final round.

I'm leaning toward 1 but am interested if there is either a definitive ruling or opinion. Looking forward to our group's first play of this tonight.
#2 specifically for the reason you mentioned. If you hold out your highest contribution card, you might score some extra party membership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played the 5 round version, but in the seven round version you will only have one card left to play between rounds 5 & 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.