Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to get my imperial on.

Wanted to a give a quick shout out to Pasi for his awesome PBF and helpful random answers to questions via PM.

I just finished my first campaign in person as the Imperial player... it took two years! We just didn't find enough time to play. We've now started a 2nd campaign, but I need more of an IA fix.

I'm sending PMs out now based on the waiting list. Here is the plan:

- Hoth Campaign
- Includes all cards/stuff from the following expansions (limited to this due to what I own): Return to Hoth, Twin Shadows, Leia, Han, Hired Guns, Bantha Rider, Dengar, R2D2 & C3PO, Echo Base Troopers

I'll be using Vassal to run the campaign (obviously). Map updates will unfortunately only happen at night, but I plan on being pretty active during the day (just don't have Vassal during the day). So this will be a quasi-American time/quasi-European time, so I will be sending invites out to both. Normal gameplay will be dialogue and player turns from 8a-6p EST, with map updates and whatnot coming in the evenings (11p EST or so).

I will update the next post as our "keeping track of the campaign" post.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PLAYERS!

- Nez477 CLASS DECK: Inspiring Leadership

- Zerrian
- Kwakkie
- Pedro AK
- Donkenzo

FULL SUPPLY DECK

1custom18{iid:2451070;iid:2451071;iid:2451072;iid:2451074;iid:2451075;
iid:2451077;iid:2451078;iid:2451079;iid:2451080;iid:2451076;
iid:2451073;iid:2451081;iid:2623850;iid:2623851;iid:2821699;
iid:2821700;iid:2821701;iid:2821702}

CURRENT SUPPLY DECK

1custom15{iid:2451070;iid:2451071;iid:2451072;iid:2451074;iid:2451075;
iid:2451077;iid:2451078;iid:2451080;iid:2451076;
iid:2451073;iid:2451081;iid:2623850;iid:2623851;iid:2821700;iid:2821702}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful Resources
Star Wars: Imperial Assault » Forums » Play By Forum

Star Wars: Imperial Assault Play By Forum Banners - a nice way to tag your turns.
PBF Dice Roller - how to roll dice.
Rebel Character Cards Reference
Imperial Deployment Cards Reference
Random Supply Deck - I will use this for crates.
What are some crazy or common rule-breaking mistakes your group made whilst learning the game?

Dice Rolls
See PBF Dice Roller for intro. You can try it out using the Preview option. It will be a little different when posted, use the Testing forum if you want to see the final result.

Quick Summary: Red is damage die, Blue is accuracy die, Green is balanced die, Yellow is surge die.

The geekroller (the Roll button on the editor) can roll 3 different custom dice. You can roll doubles with one custom dice string by prepending 2 instead of 1.

You generally also roll the defense die/dice for attacks. If there is just defense die, you often can fit it into the same roll with the attack dice. Also remember to comment the roll, preferably with the target and distance, and do not edit the post with the roll unless you really need to.

mb - [microbadge=296]
mb - [microbadge=9204]
mb - [microbadge=32926]

mb - [microbadge=33754]

mb - [microbadge=32913]
- [imageid=2477003 original inline]
- [imageid=2477036 original inline]
- [imageid=2477040 original inline]
mb - [microbadge=33753]
- [imageid=2503568 original inline]
- [imageid=2625358 original inline]

Line of Sight Examples
[ImageID=2616283small inline] [ImageID=2616284small inline] [ImageID=2616279small inline]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need one more player, sending out some alternative PMs now!

For the three that have confirmed, you can definitely start discussing what character you'd like!

Note that I don't have The Bespin Gambit... from what I see on Murne/Davith, I'm not sure if it would be an issue using them, we have access to the hidden condition and whatnot, but I think I'd prefer to just stick with the other hero options.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy N
msg tools
If you have difficulty finding a fourth player, I would be interested and willing to join. Either way, best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken VL
Belgium
Berlaar
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello everyone !

I'm Ken and I love playing IA. I rarely get to play a rebel hero IRL as I'm always the Imperial Player. But I still try to make my first playthrough of any particalur campaign be as a rebel player instead of the imperial player, even if that means waiting for an invite on BBG for a PBF

So I am very grateful for this opportunity to play as a rebel again. When we finish the campaign I can finally start playing Hoth with my friends IRL as the Imperial. I've had the box for over half a year, but have still only played Core and Twin Shadows IRL.

On PBF I've played Fenn in PBF 14 and Verena for 2 missions in PBF 31 until our Imperial Player had to quit and recently took over Verena from another player in a campaign about halfway through in PBF 23. I also moderate as the Imperial Player in PBF 20, which isn't the most fast paced of campaigns, but at least we're still playing

As for character preference: no Fenn or Verena, since I've already played them. For the rest: a slight preference for Gideon, Diala, Loku or Mak, but I'm perfectly happy with awaiting the rest of the teams picks and seeing what would complement them nicely ... as long as it isn't Fenn or Verena
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

Played a few games previously, so I'd prefer a character I haven't played before. Played Jyn and Loku. Did Verena as well, but only on forum for a bespin mission, so I can play her again, no problem. Preferences in no particular order for Diala, Mak, Saska, Biv, Fenn and Verena.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerrian is our last player.

I'm hoping to get the game going this weekend so let's figure out some characters and get this ball rolling!

I've chosen my agenda sets already. I'll put up a poll for green missions tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fillhart
United States
Millbrook
New York
flag msg tools
Visit my website: www.fillharttech.com where I blog about fixing retro game systems.
mbmbmbmbmb
Updating this post with player banners and card information.

Diala Passil [imageID=2421685medium], wounded [ImageID=2485844medium]

Gideon Argus [imageID=2421688medium], wounded [ImageID=2485847medium]

Verena Talos [ImageID=2839026medium], wounded [ImageID=2839027medium]

Mak Eshka'rey [imageID=2421690medium], wounded [ImageID=2485849medium]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
machfalcon wrote:
If you have difficulty finding a fourth player, I would be interested and willing to join. Either way, best of luck!

Jeremy-

One of the alternates from the waiting list has joined, but thanks for offering up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Please vote for two!
What side missions would you like? (Pick 2)
Homecoming (Luke Skywalker)
Sorry about the Mess (Han Solo reward)
Target of Opportunity (Rebel Saboteur)
The Spice Job (Chewbacca reward)
Hunted Down (Han Solo reward)
Open to Interpretation (R2-D2 and C-3PO)
Communication Breakdown (Leia Organa)
Snowcrash (Echo Base Troopers)
      4 answers
Poll created by Nez477

Snowcrash and Open to Interpretation win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!
Like everyone it seems, I quite flexible as to who I play! From a comment you made before Brad, were you wanting us to keep choices to specific heroes? Or any from Base/hoth/shadows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
As everyone is fine with a lot of characters, I'll simply start picking one to get the ball rolling. I'll be playing Mak Eshka'rey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pedro_ak wrote:
Hello all!
Like everyone it seems, I quite flexible as to who I play! From a comment you made before Brad, were you wanting us to keep choices to specific heroes? Or any from Base/hoth/shadows?

I was just thinking it'd be easiest to not take any from the Bespin Gambit as I don't have that expansion. The rest are fair game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Wouter=Mak, still three heroes to be chosen. Everyone please be sure to vote on side missions too.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken VL
Belgium
Berlaar
flag msg tools
mbmb
I voted for the side missions and if it would fit the group setup (if no one else is really set on playing a support character) I would like to play Gideon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fillhart
United States
Millbrook
New York
flag msg tools
Visit my website: www.fillharttech.com where I blog about fixing retro game systems.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking either Diala, Biv or Garkhan. The last two just so we have a 3 die str skill check. Diala, because she's a jedi and CQC for any melee weapons we may come across in shopping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken VL
Belgium
Berlaar
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zerrian wrote:
I'm thinking either Diala, Biv or Garkhan. The last two just so we have a 3 die str skill check. Diala, because she's a jedi and CQC for any melee weapons we may come across in shopping.

Gaarkhan would have less issues with movement than Biv, I think. Gaarkhan starts out really strong in my opinion, but Biv definitely packs a punch too right out of the box. Diala starts weaker, but can grow into either strong support, strong melee or strong hybrid. With Force adept, she would have a 3 die str check as well (blue, blue, green, with a reroll for a strain).

All 3 are good characters and could all fit into the group we have so far, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Lets try to get this rolling tomorrow night yes?

Lets get some characters finalized, I'm going to go with Inspiring Leadership as my class deck.

Sounds like Ken is going to take Gideon. So we have two more characters to get finalized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Andrew is going to take a more heavy character, I'll take Verana! (unless there is an objection, better team balance someone can think of!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me, at least we have one Hoth character ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TEST

Position: ?? | 12/12 Health | 0/5 Endurance
Close Quarters - 2
: Use when an adjacent hostile figure is defeated to interrupt to perform an attack using that figure's attack type and attack pool. The attack gains:
: +2 Accuracy, +1 mb
Duck and Weave - While defending, if you are adjacent to a hostile figure other than the attacker, apply +1
to the defence results.

pewpew 1custom6{iid:2362500;iid:2362501;iid:2362502;iid:2362503;iid:2362504;iid:2362505}+ 1custom6{iid:2362506;iid:2362507;iid:2362508;iid:2362509;iid:2362510;iid:2362511} -> ( iid:2362503) + ( iid:2362508) -> (
)(
) [+]

stabby stab 1custom6{iid:2362514;iid:2362516;iid:2362516;iid:2362515;iid:2362517;iid:2362517} -> ( iid:2362515) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 973690. pedro_ak
  • 1custom6{iid:2362500;iid:2362501;iid:2362502;iid:2362503;iid:2362504;iid:2362505}+ 1custom6{iid:2362506;iid:2362507;iid:2362508;iid:2362509;iid:2362510;iid:2362511} =
  • ( iid:2362503) + ( iid:2362508) =
  • ( iid:2362503)( iid:2362508)
  • pewpew
  • Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:27 am
  • [+]
  • 973691. pedro_ak
  • 1custom6{iid:2362514;iid:2362516;iid:2362516;iid:2362515;iid:2362517;iid:2362517} =
  • ( iid:2362515) =
  • ( iid:2362515)
  • stabby stab
  • Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:27 am
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battle of Hoth

Lets get started!

Grim tidings arrive for the Rebellion; their base upon the surface of Hoth has been discovered. Led by the fearsome Darth Vader, the Empire launches a massive assault upon Rebel forces on the ice planet, ready to crush them once and for all.

Barely able to withstand the onslaught, the Rebellion scrambles to evacuate the frigid world and escape the clutches of the Empire once again. As transports and fighters frantically prepare their departure, a few brave Rebel soldiers risk their lives against hopless odds to buy them precious seconds ....

Initial Groups: Imperial Officer x2 (Terrance and Philip), Probe Droids x2 (Zappa and Delta), Snowtrooper (with Field Officer Attached)
Reserved Groups: 2 (1 mb, 1 mb)
Open Groups: none
Special Setup: Heroes control the Echo Base Troopers as allies at no threat cost.

Mission Briefing

The overwhelming forces of the massive Imperial ground assault bear down upon Echo Base, and their devastating artillery will bring down the shield generator any time now.
Rebel forces scramble to evacuate as a few brave souls face the Imperial onslaught. As the main body of the assault closes in on the base, smaller squads break through the thin defensive line to attack evacuating Rebels.
You stand in the midst of the chaos, defending fleeing Rebel pilots beneath the curtain of a smaller, equally faltering shield generator. From where you stand, the damage doesn’t look that bad; if you can get it running properly, you might have a fighting chance to escape.

Once per activation, a Rebel figure can interact with a terminal to choose a hostile figure and roll 1 red die. That figure suffers mb equal to 1 plus the mb results. Then, discard that terminal.
Mission tokens represent power stations. When the Rebel side is faceup, that power station is active.
A hero can interact with an inactive power station (I
or
) to activate it. Flip the token to the Rebel side.
When an Echo Base Trooper figure is defeated, increase mb by 2.
The mission will progress when all power stations are active (mb). The mission ends when all heroes are wounded.

I took the liberty of putting Garkhan on the map, but obviously it can be a different hero.

The heroes take places on and around the entrance (L6, L7, M6, M7). They can then start with the first activation.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fillhart
United States
Millbrook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So are there any recommendations of the three characters I was looking at based on what characters have already been chosen? I'm leaning towards Diala but not opposed to the other two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As a sniper, I probably want to be at the back, so L7 or M7, doesn't matter which one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.