Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't understand this rule and would like you to put it into your own words, thanks

"for the first round of leader placement only, no player may place a caravan leader riding a camel of the same colour as a leader already placed by another player"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
If A, B, and C are playing, and A places a green leader, then B can place anything but green. If B places purple, then C can place anything but green or purple.

In later turns, there is no restriction on which color a player may put down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the first round of leader placement mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the very beginning of the game, players take turns placing their caravan leaders. (The leaders are camels that have riders on them. The player colors are the colors of the riders, rather than the colors of the camels.)

I believe at the beginning, the first player places one caravan leader. Then the second player places one caravan leader. This continues until everyone has placed one caravan leader. That's the first round. Then the first player places a second caravan leader, second player places a second caravan leader, etc. That's the second round of leader placement. In a game with 2, 3 or 4 players, this continues until each player has 5 caravan leaders on the board. In a game with 5 players, it continues until each player has 4 caravan leaders on the board (since one color of caravan is not used by each player in a 5-player game).

Edit: added 2nd paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
What does the first round of leader placement mean?

You understand that at the start, players each take turns placing a single camel rider, right? (And only later do "normal" turns start, in which each player adds camels to their existing groups.)

The first round of that is when each player places their first camel rider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:

I don't understand this rule and would like you to put it into your own words, thanks

"for the first round of leader placement only, no player may place a caravan leader riding a camel of the same colour as a leader already placed by another player"
Conversational wording: "In round 1, if I place a yellow camel, you can't place a yellow camel until round 2"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.