4,781 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.1% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Brad Robertson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I am a new imperial player, we are playing our first time through the Return to Hoth campaign and we are about to play the intermission, Return to Echo Base. I'm looking for any suggestions, recommendations, help for this mission.

Rebels are Daila, Verena, Murne, Jyn.

Imperial Class Armor Onslaught. I was thinking of taking the AT-ST, Tank, Nexu, Elite Nexu for my open groups. I'm thinking of letting the rebel figures take the terminal by the storm troopers and doing all I can to defend the north terminal.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
When I destroyed my rebels during Return to Echo Base, I was using the Armored Onslaught class too, but the rebels had a very different team. Without knowing all the upgrades in your game, I can just mention some general advice.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
This mission has a time limit. While the limit is not a hard one, you'll eventually be getting a lot of threat per round. Delaying the rebels is a great way to win and one they won't be as worried about unless they are smart.

You have listed a lot of big expensive figures to bring to the party. While they are good units for blocking corridors, I think you'll let the rebels advance too far while saving for the threat to deploy them. While you'll get a lot of threat later on, you'll actually start off a little starved unless you have banes to boost your starting level. The tank and AT-ST will also have trouble maneuvering and can't go inside any buildings.

In the interest of slowing the rebels, I'd also suggest heavily guarding the southern terminal. It is almost twice as far from the central area that will be unlocked in the end. That will really help you have time to use your reserved troops that come out later. Otherwise the rebels just jump right to shooting the big gun. Thinking back on it all, my best suggestion would be to bring along the elite snowtroopers. Combining 6 snowtroopers with the ability to heal each other in a 2x3 area can make for a great wall (at least without Fenn to blast them)!

This mission is statistically in your favor too if I remember correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Robertson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for the input Joe, I greatly appreciate it. I actually was running some numbers today and was thinking instead of going with this group.
Elite Snowtroopers, Elite Nexu, Elite E-Web Engineer, Elite Probe Droid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the rebels start to one-shot your elites, switch back to regulars. It still takes them an attack, but costs you less per figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
So how'd it go? I'll soon be on the receiving end of the imperial storm on this mission!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Robertson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Joe, we are actually playing today, I'll let you know once we are done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Robertson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Joe, it started out rough, they rolled 3 straight dodges for the first three attacks on Diala, and by the end of round 4 (actual round 2) they had activated the first terminal. But between the elite snow troopers, Elite wampa, regular SNOWTROOPERS I managed to flip 2 of them and have them pinned in the middle where they surendered, never getting the 2nd blue terminal. They got all 4 crates but couldn't see going on because of how quickly the threat level got out of control for them. Good luck on your next play through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Three early whiffs, but an early Imperial victory. Nice work! That doesn't bode well for me though. We may have left a bane on the Imperial's side as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.