Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife's enjoyed popping off for some geocaching during the con for the last two years and she's looking for interested parties again. She's also very into Pokemon Go so if that has more appeal, she's flexible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Josephson
msg tools
mb
I would love to get together for some caching during the con. I won't have any transportation, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past, the interested parties met in the hotel lobby and then took one or two cars to wherever it was they decided to go. We'll have a car there, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what other vehicles might be available or how many might be needed anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Verville
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Did someone say, "Geocaching"??

I would be on board for joining a hunt for a cache and/or Pokemon. Would finding a cache (or two) that we can walk to be easier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're even allowed to hide a cache in an airport. Sounds like a good way to get arrested.

They didn't have trouble driving to caches in the past. It's always been one or two car-fulls. They picked a day and met in the morning. They usually ended up coming back in mid-afternoon.

So I guess it might be a good idea to start targeting a day. I think Thursday or Friday morning is going to be the best launch times for my wife. She can probably come up with a set of caches for everyone to go look for, but if someone else wants to do that, that'd be great since she is always so busy in the time leading up to the con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow cachers - I'll be there again and willing and able. It's now looking like we may be renting a car after all so that would give us a couple vehicles. Either Thursday or Friday is good for me.

As Michael said, there are no caches available on airport grounds (usually a security thing) but lots in nearby Grapevine as well as the other direction if we wanted to go into Dallas. There are a bunch within walking distance of the original hotel as well.

Patty (Doug's wife)
PS I've been known to hunt for Pokemon too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah... Maura and I have hit all of the ones by the original hotel since that's where we still stay when we come up there. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so we'll target Friday morning then? Would anyone like to suggest a time to meet in the lobby?

Maura is willing to drive and has some navigation possible with her car. She WOULD hope that someone else might come up with a plan as to exactly where to go. Or you can all wing it. She's just afraid she won't have the time to sort anything out in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep me in the loop. Both activities sound fun, though with a largish group Pokemon Go may be more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife might be interested in some Pokemon hunting if that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patty here-
I can go Friday AM but would need to be back by 1:00 for spielathon event. I plan on bringing Garmin to help navigate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
My wife might be interested in some Pokemon hunting if that happens.

From when I used to play PokemonGo, the area in Las Colinas near Williams Square is an excellent spot. 3 pokestops all within reach and lots of water pokes. 11 or so miles from the con.

Just head east on 114 to O'Connor Blvd (towards Dallas). Turn left and park near Williams Square (3 big brown office buildings...you will see the Mustangs Sculpture on your left). That whole area is nice to walk around and lots of Pokes.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I went looking at what happened in the previous years and found that you've been going on Thursdays, so why break tradition, especially if it will relieve the pressure of Patty getting back in time.

THURSDAY MORNING
8:30 am Meet in lobby @ couches near/in front of the hotel front desk
9:00 am Leave
Lunch - eventually
Probably return somewhere in the mid-afternoon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Josephson
msg tools
mb
Hi Patty

Friday works well for me (better than Thursday). I see that the planning is trending towards Thursday,though. I'd still like to meet up with you to send a traveler westward with you. Message me if you are interested in going out on Friday morning or if I can meet you some time.

Zooamy 306-261-6876

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
My Thursday is booked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Verville
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
We could do a Thursday group and a Friday group.

Can't say which I would be able to go to. I'm in a large group with con volunteers and we are playing Thursday and Friday by ear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning all -
I am happy to go either day, or both. I'm good for a longer Thursday but Friday morning only. The Irving area would be good for me by Mustang statues. Up O'Connor I think is also the old Irving downtown that might be good. I haven't checked caches yet on the app.

Amy - I will give you a call later today
Patty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maura will be there Thursday morning in the lobby as planned. Friday is undecided for her right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.