Popular Tags: [View All]
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
Lost in thought.
mbmbmb
A great, tense 2-player cat-and-mouse game of trying to outguess your opponent's moves.
One of the most satisfyingly thematic games I've played.

SYNOPSIS
Spanish mob scattered throughout the map of Madrid are surrounded by French troops closing in on their positions. Limited movement recorded in secret and occurring simultaneously each turn leads to possible confrontations when both sides find themselves occupying the same location. Play continues for a possible ten turns or until either the French sustain too many casualties or all Spanish are defeated. Event cards provide opportunity for surprise moves and altered win condition.

COMMENTS
I enjoy introducing friends to this unique game as it quickly builds suspense from the first turn onward with plenty of "Aha!" and "Gotcha!" moments interspersed throughout it's short play time. There's plenty of room for cleverness and second guessing which just makes the experience delightful.

PROS+, CONS- & NOTES*
+ I really enjoy the replay value of switching over to play the opposing side's different objective.
+/- Event cards might mitigate or exacerbate one's situation, leading to moments of surprise or angst. Familiarity with the cards from repeated play helps to anticipate the results of those situations.
* The historical narrative and history of the game's theme is fascinating to read in the included material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick and correct mini-review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
Lost in thought.
mbmbmb
I also reviewed its expansion: Serious? Lee Snappy Ruminations on 2 de Mayo: Assault on Palace Grimaldi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walker
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
let's keep the Geek a happy place!!
mbmbmbmbmb
another gem of a game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gonzalez Pavón
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An OUTSTANDING game, an excellent capsule review...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.