Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonzalo Santacruz de la Torre
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm actually interested in this game. My question is regarding replayability. I know that there are three campaigns and four scenarios, but, are there anything different from dice and player decisions that affect the game replayability. I have not read all the rules.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien P.
France
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know exactly what you mean by "anything different from dice and player decisions", but my feeling after playing the 1914 campaign is that the game has a good replayability.

The basic concept of the game system - the couplet - gives both players from 1 to 5 activations each game turn. That strongly influences the pace of the game and will be different in every play.

Another game of that same campaign would run differently because of that rhythm, but also because there are plenty of player decisions to be made : Where should the couplets be spent ? How many forces should be sent toward each objective ? Should I launch a counter attack ? (the defender has that option which adds a scenario to the campaign) or a night attack (which adds a scenario with the night rules) ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Santacruz de la Torre
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thank you Sébastien, I forgot something like the "couplet" which obviously adds some uncertainment to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.