Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I doubt it.
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a point to the Psi World event? Is there some kind of strategy it was intended to counter? Or foster?

A friend and I have been wracking our brains to try and find some use for this card, to no avail. It just seems like a goofy switcheroo with no strategic point. Maybe it's for people who play nothing but Psi Corps so they can show up with a new faction, much to the delight of the other players, only to tell everyone "just kidding!" and play Psi Corps anyway.

Any ideas? Has anyone used this card to some productive effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Mason
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintlyThomas wrote:
Maybe it's for people who play nothing but Psi Corps so they can show up with a new faction, much to the delight of the other players, only to tell everyone "just kidding!" and play Psi Corps anyway?

That's pretty much it. It was simply a fun theme card for those who like that kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I doubt it.
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
deleriad wrote:
SaintlyThomas wrote:
Maybe it's for people who play nothing but Psi Corps so they can show up with a new faction, much to the delight of the other players, only to tell everyone "just kidding!" and play Psi Corps anyway?

That's pretty much it. It was simply a fun theme card for those who like that kind of thing.

So we used it correctly, then

The quoted text you mentioned is pretty much exactly how it was used, so at least we didn't overlook some benefit other than turning the Psi Corps into the Spanish Inquisition...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There might be some Drakh interaction, I'm not remembering, but, yeah, no, it's just there to psych out the other players. There's no real reason to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steye
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see two basic advantages..

- Normally Alfred Bester would require 5 conspiracy marks, now only 1.

- It allows you to build a strong Human faction first (fleets, diplomacy or whatever) - everything the Psi Corps doesn't have - without the conspiracy mark requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also worth remembering, Psi was a difficult attribute to defend against, but didn't have a lot of venues to win with. The point for Psi world may have simply been to give non-Psi Core players a way to react to a psi heavy player coming after them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.