Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
hello,

I think about one thing...

If a player doesn't pay attention and his 3 Bionts are gone in Organisms he doesn't own... 3 Foreign gene...

Game over...

He will not get back them, because he get no organism in his tableau pool so, no HGT... And HGT works only if we have it for one of our organisms... So he earn 3 points and game over he can leave the table !

OK, he wasn't smart... but it can happen...

I miss something ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Living rules, E6:

Quote:
You have this Ability for all your Bionts if any of your Microorganisms, or Microorganisms you reside in (as a Foreign Gene or Endosymbiont), have the HGT icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
... yes i missed something... modest Thanks ! So if i have foreign gene, HGT can be dangerous.... i'm going to loose Bionts, so i don't take it and...

...if a player has his 3 Bionts as foreign gene and no HGT on these organisms, game over ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still buy mutations for or promote the organisms you reside in. These can change the situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
...if a player has his 3 Bionts as foreign gene and no HGT on these organisms, game over ?

No, you can make purchases for your host, including a mutation with HGT. There might be other possible strategies with red queen that I haven't had enough coffee yet to think of.

EDIT: ninja'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
You earn trophic points if the organism goes macro. It is not impossible you come in 2nd.

You could possible even come up with a score line that puts you in first.

Edit: Not to mention the organism dies because of events or Darwin rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.