Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we wait for AH to arrive, I found a great way to pimp my game:

They come from a collection of realistic components from a boardgame company. The set contains hearts, brains, and investigation icons which match perfectly for for tracking damage/horror and investigation icons. It also has books that make a decent resource management, and skulls to mark doom tokens. It even has 2 more items (a vial and a cleaver) that can be used to track anything else.

I also have a fancy bag that will be the chaos token bag...now I am missing a way to pimp the tokens themselves. Do you have any ideas for pimping the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Link?

Also I give it three months before Team Covenant have a set of third party Chaos Tokens on the market

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I give a link? I was afraid of directly linking it since it might count as an ad (disclaimer, I do not get any benefit from their sales).

In any case, the first pic has the name of the company and the product. I cannot prevent you from googling it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Link?

Also I give it three months before Team Covenant have a set of third party Chaos Tokens on the market

It is not released yet.

http://stonemaiergames.com/games/treasure-chests/adventure-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
why not add a goblet for chaos bag while you're at it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galagaew wrote:

There was a preorder system and those that preordered have received or will soon receive it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Toth
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, love that goblet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay that's awesome.

I thought I was going overboard for a game I haven't even played yet by:
- Buying a themed drawbag at Spiel in Essen, see left side of this image:

- Buying sleeves, which I rarely do nowadays because I love the feel of the cards themselves
- Buying the Broken Token "Compact Card Game" insert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123 Fake Street
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone have a line on a good miniature set? Best I've found so far is the following, but feels a bit pricey.
https://www.cruciblecrush.com/cthulhu-28-s/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
markhw wrote:
Anyone have a line on a good miniature set? Best I've found so far is the following, but feels a bit pricey.

Fantasy Flight already has a line of pre-painted miniatures for all the investigators.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123 Fake Street
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. Looks like at the moment those are unavailable both through FFG and also internet-wide, and not sure that they're expected back in stock any time soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you click on the Investigators line then scroll down the investigator list, you'll see many are in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markhw wrote:
Thanks for the tip. Looks like at the moment those are unavailable both through FFG and also internet-wide, and not sure that they're expected back in stock any time soon.

I've seen them in my FLGS. They were re-released to retail not too long ago. You can't go by FFG's website, alone.

Also, I haven't gotten my realistic resources from stonemaier games, yet. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob s
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
markhw wrote:

Fantasy Flight already has a line of pre-painted miniatures for all the investigators.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...

I almost got these, but wasn't sure if they would have any real utility in the LCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
indy lim
msg tools

I made custom chaos tokens from glass beads. They're kind of hard to paint. But feels chunkier and more satisfying running your hand through them in the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!!!

I found some paint pens. Think they'd work?

https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie-Oil-Based-Marker-Medium-1-Cou...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RandT wrote:
I almost got these, but wasn't sure if they would have any real utility in the LCG.

The game comes with small investigator "mini cards" that you use to show which location card your investigator is at. I use the miniatures instead of these mini cards.

I like them A LOT. They're pre-painted. And they take less footprint than the minicard which helps with space a little. And they just look and feel better.

You only need the one(s) for investigators you're using. I picked up all 5 for the core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You could also use the standees from Eldritch Horror, though not sure if all Investigators "overlap" between the 2 games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't decided on the minis yet. I think what I'll likely do is buy a few "representative" minis but not necessarily every single investigator, then compare them versus the standee cards and see what I like.

I'm also not sure how good the prepaint quality is. It would be extra hassle if I had to "touch up" all the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the FFG Tentacle dice bag coming, as I found it on UK Amazon for about 2/3 off.

Will maybe consider the minis and/or alternate chaos tokens after I've had a chance to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
I haven't decided on the minis yet. I think what I'll likely do is buy a few "representative" minis but not necessarily every single investigator, then compare them versus the standee cards and see what I like.

I'm also not sure how good the prepaint quality is. It would be extra hassle if I had to "touch up" all the minis.

I don't own any. I'd considered getting a few like you said to have some representative models for the different factions. Though the quality of the prepaints on them looks not good from the pictures. I'd suspect they'd need some touch ups and a wash at least. Does anyone actually own any of these investigator minis? It would be nice to hear some first hand opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the investigator minis. I'm not a miniature painter, but to me, the paint job looks fine. But again, I'm not a painter so it may look worse to those who have a critical eye for such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pictures on FFG's site may not be doing them any favors. It's possibly just the way they were photographed (which is a common problem for mini photography). It's possible they look just fine on the tabletop. Usually mini paint jobs are not meant to be viewed close up.

I was kind of being critical of the faces which seem to lack depth and the hands where the investigators are gripping objects it looks like there is some color bleed between details. That would bug me and I'd probably fix things. Though if I saw them in person it's possible those details are not that noticeable at the normal viewing range when gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time I order some stuff I will get at least one, maybe a couple. Probably whatever it takes to help get my order to the $100 free shipping level

I have painted minis in the past for games like Warmachine, Infinity, Malifaux, etc... and it's true that you're not really meant to look TOO closely. In an actual game you'll be viewing the minis from maybe two feet away and at that distance a lot of small flaws are not noticeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The paint jobs on all the ones I have are fairly poor, quite blobby and not much detail/shading. Still worth using if they can be got cheaply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.