5 Posts

Clash of Cultures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Protection and action card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier Delenclos
France
flag msg tools
Does "Warship","Fortress",... protect from action card like "archery", or only from combat roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you be more specific? Perhaps quote the Archery action card. If I recall, it only protects you on the (first round) combat roll, not any extra rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Can you be more specific? Perhaps quote the Archery action card. If I recall, it only protects you on the (first round) combat roll, not any extra rolls.

That's right. Warships and the Fortress just cancel a hit from the main combat roll. Archers takes effect before the main combat roll:

Archers (Army):
Roll a die for each of your units prior to a combat roll. If you score at least one “hit”, your opponent removes one unit before making his combat roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Delenclos
France
flag msg tools
In french this action card is "Archers". You can, if you are lucky, kill one unit before the combat roll.
Does fortress cancel this hit or only hit during combat roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortress and Warships do not cancel Archers. They only cancel the main combat roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.