Subject: "New Schedule" scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played the first time tonight and while we had no problems with the rules as written, one thing was unclear:

To win the scenario, do you also have to "build" the three reinforcements, or are they optional? We assumed they were since they only give happiness points, which are worthless in the full co-op game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you have to build them.
The scenario card says "Buildings required on the scenario card:.." and "Resupplying required on the scenario card: ..".
I assume that means they are required in order to win. Also, if they weren't required, it wouldn't be much of a scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Helikoputtrik wrote:
I assume you have to build them.
The scenario card says "Buildings required on the scenario card:.." and "Resupplying required on the scenario card: ..".
I assume that means they are required in order to win. Also, if they weren't required, it wouldn't be much of a scenario.

That's the confusion, though -- the text underneath says a player can build them, not must. The French side leaves out the word "required" entirely.

Plus we found it hard enough (2 players) to get everything else done; we wouldn't have had the turns or materials left over to also cover those reinforcements for no useful return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
The text under the header allows the players to build quarters/resupply by performing an action at the landing pod. I don't see why it must state that the players must build them, that's already implied by the header.

My french is limited to what google translate tells me, so take this for what it's worth, but according to the french side the players are not required to build any quarters or resupply. That would just turn the french side of the mission into recruiting geologists, which seems a bit too easy. I'd assume there has been a mistake during the translation into french.

As for the difficulty, maybe it just scales badly. Seems like it'd be easier with four players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Helikoputtrik wrote:
The text under the header allows the players to build quarters/resupply by performing an action at the landing pod. I don't see why it must state that the players must build them, that's already implied by the header.

You're most likely right, it just seemed like there was nothing to be gained from these resupplies in full co-op, so we weren't sure.

Helikoputtrik wrote:
As for the difficulty, maybe it just scales badly. Seems like it'd be easier with four players.

To be fair, it was our first attempt at the game overall, so immediately winning with no problem isn't what I would expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian S.
Germany
Berlin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played the mission with two players cooperatively on saturday.

We did all the stuff (I can't quite remember all the exact terms): building one of the quarters (as required for two players), build both research facilities below, hired two of the geologist assistants and delivered all three of the resupplies. We finished with no markers in the quarters on the main board just 1.5 rounds before the fourth cycle ended.

So it was very possible and we enjoyed our game, although it has been a lot of work to get the planning right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.