$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 52.24

3,865 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
24.4% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder when the media will seek out people having bad dreams about Hillary.
Is this reaching out of desperation?
Or real news?


Quote:
Bilal Elcharfa was pouring cereal for his children before school this month when his 7-year-old daughter, Maaria, walked into the kitchen, calling for him.

“Baba, I had a scary dream,” she said, hugging him tight. “About Donald Trump.”


http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/26/nyregion/muslims-parents-d...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
The only shred of journalistic interest is the fact it involves a Muslim family. Other than that, yeah, Dash, I agree.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
My seven year old on the way to school this week after listening to the radio.

"Donald Trump...He sounds like a Duck and a Trumpet"

Me: "Pretty much"
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Can't help but think of "Happyland" from Forever People #4

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday night I dreamed that an old dog of ours was still alive, 42 years old, and thriving.

In the dream there was a lengthy discussion among family members about whether our dog was unusual for living 42 years. Some felt that the dog had been periodically replaced throughout the years by other, similar-looking dogs, but then others wondered whether it would be possible to produce another half-lab/half-dachshund.

Still other family members questioned whether that was really the dog's parentage, so even more family members produced photographic evidence of our dog's parents, happily sitting together on the couch.

It was then suggested that we had pictures of our dog throughout the years, and it was always the same dog, so she must be 42 years old.

But some said maybe that was normal longevity for dogs. Although it seemed on the high end. Either way, the dog was happy and healthy. Perhaps it was immortal, like my cousin's 20 year old cat or our 8 year old goldfish.

What does this have to do with parents needlessly frightening their children with political horrors such that they have scary dreams? Or with a Democrat propaganda outlet like the New York Times probably making up the story?

Nothing.

But it was a nice dream about a dog I remember fondly and about whom so many family stories revolve. (Remember when the dog was swimming near where we were fishing, and the hook got stuck in her collar, and she swam ashore and started running around the yard while the fishing line unspooled?)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holy shit, a reason to vote for Trump right in this article !

Quote:
Many Muslim parents fear that the tensions could push their children away from the faith entirely


Yes ! please more of this !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
holy shit, a reason to vote for Trump right in this article !

Quote:
Many Muslim parents fear that the tensions could push their children away from the faith entirely


Yes ! please more of this !



Great platform. Vote Trump, he'll terrorize children so you won't have to.

The modern day version of the Klan. And they don't even have to go out at night. Their beloved leader will do the dirty work for them
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
holy shit, a reason to vote for Trump right in this article !

Quote:
Many Muslim parents fear that the tensions could push their children away from the faith entirely


Yes ! please more of this !


You know, if someone said the same thing about virulent antisemitism being a force for good in the world, they'd probably be staring down then business end of a banhammer.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
holy shit, a reason to vote for Trump right in this article !

Quote:
Many Muslim parents fear that the tensions could push their children away from the faith entirely


Yes ! please more of this !


You know, if someone said the same thing about virulent antisemitism being a force for good in the world, they'd probably be staring down then business end of a banhammer.


Don't worry... it will catch up with him sooner than later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
You know, if someone said the same thing about virulent antisemitism being a force for good in the world, they'd probably be staring down then business end of a banhammer.

Luckily the decision is not up to me because I'd see both as bannable hate-speech. I'm not a mod here and don't want to be though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
And if she wasn't a Muslim then in 10 years he'd probably be dating her. It's a lose-lose situation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This goes to show how you need to watch what you say in front of your children. Talking politics in front of them they won't jnderstand what you are saying. So when people go on about Trump like he is a monster, well your seven year old will literally think he is one. Assuming this isn't fake.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Can't help but think of "Happyland" from Forever People #4

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.