Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Miller
United States
woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just found this jewel of a game and love it! As many have remarked, at least the first encounter is super easy. Here are some rule tweaks that make me lose about 40% of the time and I rarely survive with all 4 adventurers!

Change fireball to "one damage to four opponents, or four damage to one opponent" This adds some life to the kobold encounter.

Cleric can use each spell only once per encounter. This keeps you from leaving one monster barely alive while you heal the whole party.

Skip the treasure chest. Or if you must use it, make every item one use only and must be declared used before rolling any dice.(this may be how it was originally written, but I couldn't find any rules on treasures) The Holy Symbol pretty much makes the skeleton round a gimme. I'd change it to the straights can kill 1, 2, or 3 depending on whether it is a straight of 4,5,or 6. The black arrow is also too strong. I'd make it four 1's to kill the dragon in one shot, and can only be attempted once before any dice are thrown.

I still have yet to see if this affects the other scenarios, but I am loving this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omarthetentmaker wrote:
Just found this jewel of a game and love it! As many have remarked, at least the first encounter is super easy. Here are some rule tweaks that make me lose about 40% of the time and I rarely survive with all 4 adventurers!

Agreed! I'm really enjoying this game! Only solitaire game that I've suggested to friends.

omarthetentmaker wrote:
Change fireball to "one damage to four opponents, or four damage to one opponent" This adds some life to the kobold encounter.

I'm assuming you mean Chain Lightning. Yes, it is extremely dangerous to single HP encounters, like scorpions, but is practically useless to single foe encounters like the ankheg.

omarthetentmaker wrote:
Cleric can use each spell only once per encounter. This keeps you from leaving one monster barely alive while you heal the whole party.

Agreed, with this sentiment. However, I play it if you CAN kill a creature, then you have to. Many times I'm trying to heal up my entire party, but get a one (for the rogue) or a six (for the fighter) and don't get my straight.

Edited for grammatical errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.