5 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: Journey to Mordor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you choose the order you resolve dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Title says it all really - in particular, can you choose to resolve the Gandalf dice before the Nazgul dice, so diving a space into two before crossing off half the box? This is obviously a lot more powerful than resolving the Nazgul dice first, then having to cross off a second box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The English translation of the German rules in the files section here says "Once all 5 dice have been set aside, they are scored in any order."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spanish version says that you must apply the Gandalf dices before the Nazgûl one.
Is the version I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules tell you the order in which the dice must be resolved. It is not 'in any order.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
oobydoob wrote:
The English rules tell you the order in which the dice must be resolved. It is not 'in any order.'

I just got my copy, and Paul is correct, the English rules actually give you an order...

Fellowship > Orc > Ring > Gandalf > Nazgul > Tree

... although I guess it's kind of moot because the only reason you'd want to choose your own order is to have Gandalf fire before the Nazgul do.. which, they do, so as far as the player is concerned the order doesn't matter. Maybe they just explicitly gave an order in the English version to clarify that you can't mark rings before you've checked to see if orcs cancel them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.