10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Seeking Play Testers

Subject: Seeking Play testers for Conflict of Ages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeanette Dunnett
msg tools
Hello,

I need some play testers to help me test a game I have been working on with a overseas friend to launch on kickstarter.

It is a four player card game, strategy. I have a tester print and play version to test the game with.

The synopsis of the game is that there are 4 Lords that have been battling through out the ages. The Lords control their own soldiers and captured enemy soldiers. The Lords use both their own soldiers and enemy soldiers to fight the battle. There are special cards in the game that each lord controls, a knight (1), a witch (1), and a dragon (1), jokers (2) and peasants (3). Each of the special cards have special abilities.The player that wins the most rounds out of 4 wins the game.

This game is based on a regular deck of cards with the special cards added to the deck so that you can play other card games with it to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oborn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Seeking Play testers for Age of Conflics
Ill give it a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeanette Dunnett
msg tools
Thank you so much for your help Andew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M
Italy
Sassoferrato (AN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds interesting. I'd like to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the main mechanism? Trick Taking, area control, etc? A little more information and I might know if I could convince people to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeanette Dunnett
msg tools
Hi Jon

The mechanism is very similar to trick taking. In order for a player to win a turn they must have the highest card or combination of cards in front of them. If players have equal points the cards are left in play for the next turn and built upon. The player who wins the turn keeps their friendly soldier cards. Players who don't win place their cards in a discard pile until the end of the round.

I hope this helps.

Jeanette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeanette Dunnett
msg tools
Thank you Frank for aasking

I have made a public folder that you can download the print and play from.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-K8uwQv2wL-a0lkdjN0U3NLNV...

Jeanette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeanette Dunnett
msg tools
When you have had a chance to play the game, can you get back to me on what you think of it and any improvements you think it may need. Things such as if the rules need a better explaination, or if there are redundant rules?

Thank you,

Jeanette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeanette Dunnett
msg tools
Hello,

Can I get some feed back from the people who have tested the game?

Thank you for your help.

Jeanette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hastriter
United States
Biloxi
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Ill try it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.